Unwanted Christmas gifts

Share your fundraising ideas

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

Eastonwolfs

Unwanted Christmas gifts

Post by Eastonwolfs »

I hope I don't sound ungrateful to anyone but at this time of year I always find myself giving something or other that one of us has received at Christmas to the local charity shop to selll on.

However, this year I am hanging on to these 'goodies' to keep to pass to Jan later in the year, to use as either tombola prizes or things to sell at the annual dog show.

Being a bit selfish have kept the diamonds and sports car to myself though! (in my dreams!)
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Thank you, I think that is a really good idea. Pity about the diamonds & sports car :lol:
julie

Not unwanted Christmas gifts - but ones I can't use.

Post by julie »

Hi Jan,

I have been saving presents I have received but unfortunately can't use myself to bring for the Fun Day as prizes or to sell. There are some lovely goodies, toiletries and gift sets.

Also I have some nice gardening books from when mine was landscaped - they cover garden design, plant selection etc for complete novices to people who know what a perennial is. Could these help raise funds in some way?

How am I best to get them to you? Should I drop them off at the kennel or bring with me on the day?

Thanks
Julie

p.s. does anyone know what a perennial is?
Eastonwolfs

Re: Unwanted Christmas gifts

Post by Eastonwolfs »

I have a stash too Jan and need to call with them...including a lot of novels...

See below re what is a perenial?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perennial_plant
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Re: Unwanted Christmas gifts

Post by janrobinson »

Thanks for saving things for us. It would be good if you could bring them on the day as you can imagine how much stuff I have to take up there, But if that is not possible then bring ot to me beforehand. Whatever is best for you.
:love4