Christmas Cards vs Donations

Share your fundraising ideas

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

Eastonwolfs

Christmas Cards vs Donations

Post by Eastonwolfs »

I know this isn't a new or novel idea...but this year I'm not sending any Christmas cards...

I know its nice to get a card but with increasing age (mine I mean!) I have decided its a waste of money IMHO...the cards, the stamps etc etc...even those charity cards can't tempt me anymore.

Also with the credit crunch and folks not giving to charity like they did, it does concern me that Jan may run out of funds to work the miracles she does...

So my Christmas card/stamp money is going to this rescue instead...and those I communciate with by e-mail will get posted a link to this site...

AND ultimately this will give me more pleasure as well...

Susan :D :D :D
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

That sounds a wonderful idea and thank you so much. I do have to send out cards though because I need to keep in touch with my rehomed Goldens. I do buy the cheapest cards honest !!!!!
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

We agree with you

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

We agree with you, such a ridiculous cost in posting Christmas Cards. But it's taking the first step to inform friends in what you are going to do, I send well in excess of 100 cards and would much rather the money go to a better cause than the Royal Mail. But I understand Jan in having to keep in touch with her 'family of adopters' this generated more calendars being sold last year, so it gives the people without the internet a chance to see some of what is goes on on this website.
Eastonwolfs

Post by Eastonwolfs »

I have no problem with Jan spending any donation I gave on Christmas cards or postage as it all helps the rescue in different ways...

I have to confess to not knowing how much a first class stamp actually costs now...mind you I'm the same with bread and milk. :? :?