2010 CALENDAR

Share your fundraising ideas

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

SPLODGE

2010 CALENDAR

Post by SPLODGE »

I didn't know where to put this so it's arrived in Fundraising. I just love the 2010 calendar but have a slight moan (this is why I was unsure where to put this post). It's very, very difficult to turn the pages over so the following month can be seen. :2005: The previous month has to come off completely so the calendar can be hung up again. I didn't find this out until yesterday when February began. Does anybody have any ideas how to overcome this problem? :2074:
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Re: 2010 CALENDAR

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

Splodge,

If you lay the calendar flat with the front page showing.... gently lift one or two bits of the 'curly ring binder' with left hand and then remove the 4" calendar hanger with the right, then turn over the page and lift the 'curly ring binder and reinsert the hanger, OR cut an inch out of the holes in the calendar under the bent middle bit of the hanger and the pages will turn freely.

Unfortuneately I have rheumatoid arthritis and have problems with my hands and fingers since 1990 (I had to give up work in 1998, I am not disabled, just unable on some days !!) and I'm unable to cut these holes neatly enough.
This year I've made Jan 75 calendars (15 for the fun day) and over 60 since the end of October. When there are more than a couple of calendars to 'punch' I have to wait till hubby finishes work to do them for me.

I've also made them in aid of the Air Ambulance, and the Caravan Club and Camping and Caravanning Club members have raised in excess of £300 this year, I would love to be able to make the decoupage type crafty cards that my friend (Megan's Mum) makes but I can't, so I have to be satified with using our (or the websites rescue retrievers) photographs to make the calendars.

I'd just like to thank everyone who bought a calendar as £5 out of every £6 went to help Jan's North West Golden Retriever Rescue :love5 :love5
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

I have just removed January from our calendar.
I wanted to keep it "NICE", so rather than mess up Lyndas hard work, and the pictures, I have just removed them and placed in the plastic envelope. I shall replace them back in the original order at the end of the year. This is far too nice to destroy at a later date.

Sorry Lynda, we don't use it as a calendar, him indoors not allowed to write on it, just LOOK.!!!!!We use the Sainsbury freebie to write on. :2078:

xxL.
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Lynn

You should have said and I'd have included just an A4 12 page calendar (no photos, on 'cheap' paper) in as well.
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

No worries Lynda,
Just love the calendar and photos.
It wouldn't have mattered what sort of paper you'd used, I still wouldn't write on it. :1960
L xx
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

I am quite amazed and disappointed and angry that anyone should write about Lynda's beautiful calendars in such a way. If you have a small problem then surely a quick phone call or private message would have sufficed

In all these years you are the only one to ever voice anything but praise and I sincerely hope we don't hear any more of this :2011:
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Lynda I love my calendar Paddy is Mr February, and I think its great, thanks for putting so much time into them..
Last edited by hairydog on Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gordons mum and dad
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by gordons mum and dad »

I'm with you on this one Lynn. We just love our calendar, and never buy one to use, just to show off all those wonderful goldens that our Jan has re-homed, this makes it extra special!!! A big thankyou to Lynda, from the bottom of our hearts, for doing such a great job. I certainly do not know of any other charity where so much of the purchase price is given to the actual charity. This is so vital to enable Jan to find forever homes for all those little lost goldens out there. :love4
superjazz

Post by superjazz »

Its a great calendar , we love it . This Month we are looking at Superjazz . Thanks Lynda.
P, S J & C
Hel_Pen

Post by Hel_Pen »

Is it still possible to purchase a calendar? If so please let me know how.

Helen.
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Hello Helen

If you would like to send Jan a cheque made out to NWGRR for £6 with your name and address on, Jan will get that organised for you.

Lynda

:1945:
Hel_Pen

Post by Hel_Pen »

Thanks Lynda. I bought a Golden Retriever one but some of the pictures aren't great.

Cheque is in the post.

Helen.
julie

Post by julie »

Hi Lynda,

I have various machines / die cutters for making shapes and paper embellishments for cards and scrapbooking - Quickutz, Cricut, Sizzix etc. If I can help you out by cutting shapes, please let me know.

Phew, I'm not alone in only admiring the calendar and not writing on it. Can't wait for May when the most beautiful golden of all is featured (tho I'm sure you'll all forgive me for being a teensy, tiny bit biased to my girl :1964 )

Julie
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Honey's Mum

Thanks for the offer.... you have some serious card making 'kit' I've seen some of the machines that you have demonstrated on QVC when I've been ironing.

Llove that photograph of Honey in the sea, also love that photo of a muddy Joey, it's the expressions captured on their faces. :1960:
:rofl:

I like the new smilies Ian
CarolynM
Senior User
Senior User

Post by CarolynM »

I have my calendar up in the office at work and it really cheers me up when I see them, you did a brilliant job Lynda. Thank you so much. :thumbsup:

Can't wait for March - wonder why??? :love4

p.s. not using it as a calendar