Sponsored dog walk

Share your fundraising ideas

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Sponsored dog walk

Post by janrobinson »

It has been suggested to me that we have a sponsored dog walk. How do you feel about this? DO you think we will get the numbers to make quite a spectacle with all the Goldens and their owners . We would have to get
permission wherever we held it, In a park or on a beach but it does seem a good idea. I think each person would have to get their own sponsors.
Perhaps next year??

TROY on TOUR

Pauline has been raising funds for ages with Troy a teddy bear who is sponsored to go on holiday. Troy has been all over the world and has photos taken in every place. He has photos in every Country in Europe, also America & Canada. He is quite a star. I will ask Ian to put some of his photos on the site for you to see. You may wish to take him on holiday with you .
Last edited by janrobinson on Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
labres1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by labres1 »

i can do that! no problem i do buttons xx
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Pauline has given me her website for Troys travels so if you wish to have a look at where he has been www.tillyteds.piczo.com

I wont need to put you to any trouble now Ian.. :)
labres1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by labres1 »

no problem - i've put a link on the links page as well
julie

Walk

Post by julie »

How about along the Leeds / Liverpool Canal. Perhaps you could get people to do a section according to how far or short they can do and link them up like a relay? Even try to have a "Golden walk" from end to end - so that people who dont live close by can take part along some of the route?
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Hi Honey's mum

That's a good suggestion . May take a bit of organising but I am sure we are up to the job. We will have to see what sort of response we get to the whole idea,
Eastonwolfs

Post by Eastonwolfs »

I like the canal idea both for flatness of walks and location, then there's the pubs if you get thirsty on the way!

Sounds novel too and we live near the canel so would be easy for us and its in the north west Leeds to Liverpool.
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

having a few reservations about a lot of dogs and people walking along a narrow path by water. I can see quite a few dogs and maybe their owners and other taking a dip. What about all the other people who use it. I think on reflection we need a wide open space.
bronson

Great Idea

Post by bronson »

A sponsored walks a good idea, Bronson says he is up for it too.
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Sponsored dog walk

Post by lenny »

Not sure if the sponsord dog walk idea ever got off the ground, but I was only thinking of the same thing last night, what a great way to raise funds for the rescue, I do understand it will take some effort with the planning and route,ect; But was the lack or response the main reason it didnt happen, What a shame, I would be very happy to take my two along, to see some of you and your dogs again, and a pub crawl as well{well maybe one stop for lunch} what a good way to help Jan and with not much extra effort needed from a normal day out with the dogs. COME ON EVERYONE MAKE AN EFFORT THE RESCUE ALWAYS NEEDS FUNDS,AND WE OWE THEM SO MUCH. :2011:
gordons mum and dad
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by gordons mum and dad »

We'd also be up for the walk, although I'm sure the gorgeous one will be strolling!!!! If you need any help with the organising count me in. :1954:
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

I think it is a good idea but I would prefer it if someone else organised it although I could send out details to everyone when I send out either the Fun day notice or the Christmas one. depending on whenever it was organised.

I think a park or beach is probably the best. But whenever or wherever it is done it would be fantastic. :2782: