Fund raising at the Fun Day 2010.

Share your fundraising ideas

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

Samsmum

Fund raising at the Fun Day 2010.

Post by Samsmum »

Hello there, friends,
I have not been able to produce a book by Sam this year, due to a number of factors, but hopefully next year!
You may remember that for the last two years, I have Sold Dog names on a squared sheet - last year the prize was a doll, and the year before a big soft toy.
This year, the board will as usual be filled with various dog names, but there will be three prizes:
1. A small but lovely statuette of a Golden with a boot in
its mouth, and another by its side. It is made by
Sherratt and Simpson and the detailing and colouring
is lovely.
2. A set of coasters with a Golden on them.
3. A Mouse Mat with a picture of some Golden puppies on.

If I do not approach you to sell you a name, please do "stop
me and buy one". Jan needs every penny we can raise and your support would be very much appreciated.
As usual, Jan will put the names in sealed envelopes and only she will know what they are.
Look forward to seeing you all at the Fun Day, and pray for good weather - it makes such a difference doesn't it?
Thanks in anticipation, and best wishes to you all -
Samsmum.
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Fund raising at the Fun Day 2010.

Post by lenny »

Sounds like some of my pocket money is already spoken for. Will be looking for you as soon as we get there. :thumbleft
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Good for you Joyce, will look out for you. I've got my contributions ready to go. As always, looking forward to Funday again.
See you all there. :love4

P.S. Last years cook book is well worn, Jans lemon drizzle page well thumbed.
Samsmum

Post by Samsmum »

Calling all Friends!
The Fun Day will be here on Saturday, and I would just like to remind you again of the Guess the Name. As I told you earlier, there will be three prizes this year (names known only to Jan), and I do hope to sell the 40 names on the board as fast as possible.
If I don't know you, and we have exchanged messages on the Rescue site, please introduce yourselves, I would love to be able to put faces to names I am familiar with.
Praying for fine weather - on Sunday it was our neighbourhood barbecue, and because of rain on the day for some years, we clubbed together and bought a 30foot tent (we have brought it for the Fun Day for the past two years),
but alas the tent is no more. The men went out to erect it
early Sunday afternoon, and the wind took it, and bent the poles beyond redemption!! So I ended up with the whole neighbourhood swarming all over the house, bringing lots of food and drink, and David ended up doing everybody's barbecuing!!
Look forward to meeting you all on Saturday in glorious sunshine.
Best wishes - Samsmum (Joyce)
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

Weather forecast for sat, was sunshine, now, for early morning fog and a bit cloudy pm, only a very small chance of rain and hardly any before then, so looks like we are in with a good chance of a decent day. we cant wait, I haven't told the dogs yet, dont want to get them to excited. :2074:
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

I shall be thinking about you all this Saturday and hope that the weather stays fine and that you raise lots of money.... there are 34 calendars for sale, but they can be made to order as and when.
:love4 :love4 :love4 :love4 :love4 :love4 :love4 :love4 :love4 :love4 :love4 :love4 :love4

I sold my first N.W.G.R.R. 2011 calendar on Tuesday whilst we were away caravanning to a lovely couple who have 2 goldens, I met them last year whilst walking Gin and Co on a common not far from where they live.... It's the NWGRR sticker in the back of our cars that had drawn attention, they couldn't believe that Ginnie and Cobi were 'rescued', their two goldens are Abbey 14yrs (she reminded me of our Abigail and my friends Maddie) and Holly 9yrs, (same colour as Cobi)
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

I bought 2 last year and will get 2 again this year, they are lovely,no doubt they will be a sell out.You do a great job for the rescue,so a thank you from me Emily and Snowy for last years and this. :love4
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

Thanks Lenny,

Please get your son or son in law or whoever it is that puts the photographs on your computer to upload them to photobucket as I haven't put any of Snowy on and only one of Emily and that was a couple of years ago.....and they will be on the next batch I print off, and anyone else who wants their 'golden' on it.

Lynda

The calendars are £5.50p this year at the fun day... and £6.50p if posted by second class post.

all the money raised is going to Jan at North West Golden Retriever Rescue :1942:

P.S. This year I've bought a 'thumbcut punch' which punches out a half moon in the middle of the calendar so there is no problem in turning over the pages :1960: