Pet Friendly Places.

As we all have dogs and may want to take them with us... have you any suggestions for holdiay destinations etc that are dog friendly and where you had a great time?

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

hairydog

Pet Friendly Places.

Post by hairydog »

Now the holiday season is upon us, (pity about the weather!).if you take your pet on holiday with you and have a favourite place or can you recommend a place to stay please tell us. :)
It always good to go to places that you have visited so you can tell us all about it first hand,ie: was the accommodation good for you AND most importantly your dog.Did they make you feel welcome? and did they cater for your dog, are there lots of places to take your dog,and ,most of all was it good value.Of course it dosent have to be a cottage some of you may have caravans so do you know of a good caravan site that takes dogs or maybe there are some campers amoungst us too,please share your experiences with us.

I will start off we have been several times to a place in Suffolk called Culford,the cottages are all on an old working farm and there are 3 on the farm. The owner is a dog man himself and they have an outdoor swimming pool, and a jacuzzi too.for us humans... :) and there are some great walks for your dogs and lots of local pubs near by that have resonably priced meals in if you dont fancy cooking(after all you are on holiday)...

Come on share.... :)
bronson

holiday

Post by bronson »

We have just booked a holiday in Kipford that is in Scotland.My next door neighbour goes with there dog they have been a cople of times and they have said that they had a really good time near the beach so i am sure Bronson will have a ball as he love the water.It is called Kipford holiday park i will let you know how we go on.
gordons mum and dad
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by gordons mum and dad »

We actually have a holiday cottage in Meathop, near Grange over Sands. It is part of a converted hospital. It has a lounge, dining kitchen, small office room, double bedroom ensuite, and twin bedroom, and main bathroom. The house is 'upside down', as the views from the lounge upstairs are much better. There are TV's in the lounge, kitchen, and two bedrooms. There is a good selection of books, dvd's, videos and cd's, if the weather is not great. We do get quite a bit of rain.

Although the house has cream carpets AAGGHH! etc we are very dog friendly. As you come in through the door there is a large area which we call the doggy room. There is ample space for muddy boots, wet clothes, and grubby dogs!!

There are lots of walks around the area, and most pubs and cafes accept dogs.

If you would like any more information, although I don't actually have a brochure done yet, please give me a call - 07899 916 232. If anyone books via this message then we will dontate 10% of the fee to Jan at the rescue.

Hope you don't mind me letting you know about our cottage, but hopefully we can all benefit.

love Carole
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Thanks for the info on your cottage you stayed in we often go to Grange as our caravan is quite near there and we love walking the dogs there, but of course many more stories please if you are booking a holiday now for the summer or been there before and going again please share with us.
If you are like us, we dont like to put our dogs in kennels, we like them to be with us on our holidays,and hopefully we will get a summer this year! :)
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Thanks Carol for offering to let your holiday cottage to our Golden people and to give 10% to the Rescue if they book through the advert on the site. That is so very generous.

Love to gorgeous

xx
teddy bear

Post by teddy bear »

just another 1 my mum has a small place in tenby wales, which she lets out and they have dogs onsite not much on site but loads of nice walks about (only let down no swimming pool on site)
1 double room
2 single beds
bathroom
full heating
lounge kitchen with table and chairs
if any one wants details please say and i can pass mums details on