Hello

Details of dogs successfully rehomed

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Hello

Post by lynn wise »

Having spoken to Jan a couple of times lastweek she told me about a little bitch that was due to go to her. Friday Jan rang to say she had got her and was quite upset(Jan was).
Right, have spoken to Mr. Wise can we come over tomorrow. Oh dear, poor little girl she was TERRIFIED. Needless to say she came home with us. First few days were a struggle for her, but over the week her confidence is building.
Jan and I think we know her background and suffice to say that some owners should be hung, drawn and quartered. A really awful life we guess. It will be a slow learning curve for her but she is here and safe.
Thanks to Jan for trusting us enough to allow her to come here.
Lastly to the young lady Vet' that rescued her from a miserable situation.
So please, say "hello" to Fern a little girl that hopefully will blossom in her new life.

Photos to follow, David will sort them out.
Mr Grumpy
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Hello

Post by Mr Grumpy »

Now that photobucket no longer works, trying to use Flikr
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmananhJ
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

super pictures of this lovely lady. She is now getting the home and the love she deserves as even in her fear her tail never stopped wagging. Thank you to Lynn David and Willow for taking on this challenge :love4
Cobi & Ginnie's Mum

Post by Cobi & Ginnie's Mum »

So pleased that Fern has been found a new loving home :love4 such a beautiful girl.

Lynda :love4
RUSSELL lumb
Senior User
Senior User

Post by RUSSELL lumb »

hI

we have been in touch but would just like to say she could not go to
a better home and great company in the end for willow

Best wishes
Bridget Russell and Sunny
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

So glad Fern has found her perfect home , I don’t know how Jan copes with the things she must see and hear I certainly would strangle any human who mistreats any animals especially goldens Lynn you are a saint Fern will have a fantastic life with you and Dave I do love a happy ending and look forward to seeing Fern blossom under your tender care
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

Oh wow! congratulations Lynn and David. What a beautiful lady! Sounds like she's had a tough time, but she will have the home and the life she deserves now. :1951: Give her a big hug from us.xx :love4
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by bentley »

Congratulations to all of you for finding each other. Lovely Fern can relax now and enjoy her forever home with the best family she could possibly hope to find. :love5 She really fell on her paws when she found you.

Well done, Jan on saving yet another golden from a terrible life. It breaks my heart when I hear about what some of these beautiful and loyal dogs go through.

Love to all. Bentley sends paw hugs :love4
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Thankyou all for your posts.
Weekly update is as follows. Fern now coming to hand without fear and is generally much less flighty. last 2 days she's learned to SIT and COME. All the nice doggy things were learnt quickly, food, biscuit cupboard and a walk. Stands for the harness to go on, will push Willow out of the way for her turn and asks for the lead to go on. A bright little girl that hopefully will respond to gentle handling. Daren't enforce anything on her as we don't want a setback, will learn in her own time.
Willow is now asking Fern to play which is lovely to see them enjoying each others company.
:love6
Mr Grumpy
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Mr Grumpy »

Willow showing Fern how to get humans to give you biscuits

ImageDSCF3163 by David Wise, on Flickr
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Just Lovely,she looks so relaxed. :love4
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Taken whilst away at West Ayton. Worried how Fern would cope with the caravan holiday, all went well. On site was a lovely dog walk which is completely fenced and gated so we could let her off lead for the first time. Oh she did enjoy herself, racing round like a mad un. Lots of people stopped to say "hello" to the girls whilst we were out which was great. Still a little apprehensive at times with strangers but she did come round when Willow had first fuss, me me.
David did say part way thru' the break that Fern trusts us now which is a breakthrough, confidence getting there.
All said and done, she is an absolute joy, we love her to bits.
Thanks Jan' this one was worth waiting for :love4
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Tomorrow is Ferns 1 year home day.
Still a long way to go with her confidence although wonderful at home with us. Out and about she is still so frightened of people, even the ones she's known since coming here. Said to David this morning when she backed away from a nice chap that we were talking to, just like that with us when she came .
We'll never know what sort of life she had before the lovely young lady took her from a poor situation. Thank goodness for her, an angel to get her away and to Jan.
Hopefully we will get there with her, a work in progress still. Who cares, she is our girl and that's all that matters. We know what she is like and we tend to read situations so she isn't threatened. One thing is she doesn't show any signs of aggression when frightened, she hides behind David and hopes they'll go away.
A dear little girl that deserved to be loved, and she is now.
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

happy belated forever home day dear Fern. :love4 I know what an uphill climb this has been and how rewarding even the tiniest step forward has been but only you know how hard it has been but you took the challenge and are winning bit by bit. She is a lucky girl to have you on her side as no-one has ever been before. Love to you all xx
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Thankyou Jan for trusting us enough to take this little girl on. Along with our dear Willow is much loved by us both. Wouldn't swap them for the world.
:love4