Emily

Details of dogs successfully rehomed

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Emily

Post by lenny »

Today was the day we all dread our precious little girl Emily went to the bridge. We adopted her from Jan ten years ago when she was four and she has given us love joy and happiness ever since.
Right from the start she laid down the law to us she was the boss and would do things her way and when she wanted to do them , I nicknamed her the duchess as she did things with grace and style but I’m sure she thought she was a titled lady. Over the years she mellowed a bit but I think she still had us in the palm of her paw. She loved going out in the car and especially to the seaside, rolling in mud water or sand. In fact she loved being outside anywhere even if it was just in the back garden or under the car port near the front barking at most people who passed just for them to come and make a fuss of her. It worked almost daily and she had a steady stream of children dog walkers or neighbours who were passing regularly coming up the path to say hello or bring her a treat and a tickle.
Our other Golden Snowy came from Jan less than a year after Emily and she very quickly let him k ow who the boss was, but they always did everything together and were more like mother and son.
At first when she came she was very aloof and would let you stroke ot tickle her but with her back to you , one thing Snowy taught her was to roll on her back so we could tickle their bellies , the both learned good and not so good habits of each other.
Her health started to fail slowly in the last year as she was fourteen and a half but she went down rapidly in the last couple of weeks and we couldn’t let her suffer any more . Part of our hearts were broken today as she took them with her.
Thank you so much Jan for letting her come to our home and making us so happy our memories will bring us plenty more smiles in the years to come.
Run free over the bridge little girl we will be reunited and share our love once again Love Lenny Celia Snowy. :cry3: :angel:
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Re: Emily

Post by janrobinson »

What a lovely tribute to dear Emily. Thank you for giving her such a happy life with you for such a long time. I am thinking of you :cry3:
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by bentley »

I'm so sorry to hear about Snowy, she sounds a real character. You gave her a fantastic life and did the kindest thing you could possibly have done by letting her go when it was time. She was a lucky duchess to have you as her family.

Bentley and I send ove and hugs to you all
Cobi & Ginnie's Mum

Post by Cobi & Ginnie's Mum »

Lenny and Celia,

We are so very sorry to hear about Emily.
It's lovely that Emily had 10 wonderful years with you. Every dog has it's special personality, and it's lovely to hear what each dog did or got up to on this website.

It's a dreadful day when we have to make that awful decision to let our beautiful dogs go :cry3: we know when the time is right.

Thinking of you all :love4 give Snowy a big hug from us. :love4

Lynda, Les and Calli xxx
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Oh dear Lenny and Celia, so VERY sorry to hear this news, our thoughts are with you all at this awful time. Emily was a very lucky lady to have found you and I'm sure she appreciated everything you all did for her.
Run free girlie and wait for your dear family.
:cry3:
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

Dear Lenny and family,

So very sorry to hear your sad news. Emily was a lovely lady, we remember her well from the Funday's when we all met up with our beautiful companions. Our heart's are broken time and again, but we are left with wonderful memories.

Thinking of you all today.

Jean & Ray x
RUSSELL lumb
Senior User
Senior User

Post by RUSSELL lumb »

Hi

we are so sorry to hear your sad news, it is never a good time when you have
to say goodbye we were devastated when jasper died suddenly last July. But our prayers were answered by Jan last Autumn with Sunny as you can see from the
post's he has settled in really well but will never take away the memories of
Jasper

Take care a hold onto the good times with Emily
Btest wishes

Bridget Russell and Sunny
RUSSELL lumb
Senior User
Senior User

Post by RUSSELL lumb »

Hi

we are so sorry to hear your sad news, it is never a good time when you have
to say goodbye we were devastated when jasper died suddenly last July. But our prayers were answered by Jan last Autumn with Sunny as you can see from the
post's he has settled in really well but will never take away the memories of
Jasper

Take care a hold onto the good times with Emily
Btest wishes

Bridget Russell and Sunny
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

Thanks everyone for your support and kind words. It’s been a long 5 days since we lost her and having to tell neighbors and friends has been hard but it’s nice to know they cared as well, she was loved by quite a few round here and will be missed by more than just our family . Thanks Jan for your card and listening to me pour my heart out . This weekend the weather is set to be nice which makes me sad as we would have taken her out for a nice walk maybe to the seaside, she loved it there we used to wind the window down in the car so she could smell the sea air that got her excited. Memories of her will last forever , hopefully the pain will ease. :thumbleft :love4
Mr Grumpy
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Mr Grumpy »

lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

David put photos on of Emily for Lenny.
Lovely old lady sadly missed.
:love4
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Such lovely pictures of this cherished old lady. :love4
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

Thank you so much Dave it means so much to me that others can see what our golden girl was like she was a lovely lady and we miss her so much.
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Pleased to help Lenny :love4