Happy 5th birthday, Bentley!

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Happy 5th birthday, Bentley!

Post by bentley »

Yesterday was the big guy's 5th birthday.My, how time has flown. That sweet little 11 week old bundle of fluff we brought home from Jan has grown into a wise man who EVERYONE loves. Dogs, kids, guests, strangers on the street, you name it, they love him. :love5 :love2 :love3

I had to stop people petting him in the park the other week as there were so many people stopping to chat it was getting on my nerves and Bentley's. We'd been put about two hours and only got a mile!! :2011:

Even Gordon the local American bulldog thug who hates everyone loves Bentley. :love6

We made a lovely little birthday video for you all but I can't get it to upload to photo bucket. I'll keep trying.

On the epilepsy front, we have mostly managed to get his fits under control. :1963 Now he has about one a month and if I can catch it early enough I can sometimes stop it happening. I just wish he'd have them at five in the afternoon rather than five in the morning :2029:

Rain or shine he goes for his daily swim in the sea. Then we generally do a bit of training on the beach. We have a heel work competition coming up next week. It's only a fun show not a KC show so no pressure.

Definitely a cold weather guy, the colder the weather, the more energy he has. One day last summer a trainer suggested I get another dog to train with as Bentley wasn't doing too well. (to be fair, he wasn't up for it that night) I told her in no uncertain terms what I thought of that idea. Mr B is the one and only!!

Well folks. Thats our update. I love reading all your stories and seeing your pictures. I'll keep trying to upload the video. :2035:
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Re: Happy 5th birthday, Bentley!

Post by janrobinson »

How can it possibly be nearly 5 years since you took that little scrap to your heart.

:2803: :2808: Have a super day. although it sounds to me as if you have a wonderful day every day. :love5
superjazz

Post by superjazz »

Happy birthday Bentley and our best wishes.
Pat. Syd and BOSUN
Cobi & Ginnie's Mum

Post by Cobi & Ginnie's Mum »

:love4 Happy Birthday Bentley, :love4

Can't believe he is 5yrs old, where does the time go. Still a very handsome boy.

Lovely video but I should have watched it with the sound off.......Calli's head went side to side when she heard the first squeaker then she went belting downstairs to see if someone was stealing her toys.

There is something about paper that goldens love, ripping it up or stealing it....kitchen roll, tissues our Ginnie was a paper thief and trasher, and now Calli is just like Ginnie.

love from Lynda and Calli :love4
RUSSELL lumb
Senior User
Senior User

Post by RUSSELL lumb »

Hi

happy Birthday Bentley

we love the Video

Best wishes Bridget Russell and Jasper
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

:2808:

Where did the time go. Hope he had a lovely day, but then he always has nice days with his Mum.
L xx
julia

Post by julia »

:2806: Happy Birthday To Bentley.
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

A very late happy birthday Bently so nice to know your still the centre of attention wherever you go even if you get a bit to much at times , and your health is under control most of the time. We all send our love to you all and miss seeing you . But it's so good to know what a happy life you are having.. Lenny Celia Emily & Snowy. :love3 :love5