Goldie food choices

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Goldie food choices

Post by bentley »

I saw this photo on the internet and it made me chuckle and go eewwwwwwwwww at the same time.

Some of you may relate to it:

janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Re: Goldie food choices

Post by janrobinson »

That is just a Golden ..........Magic love it :love4
Cobi & Ginnie's Mum

Post by Cobi & Ginnie's Mum »

So true...... the look of satisfaction on the dog's face....but the photograph of the golden is wrong... it should have been Cobi....If Cobi couldn't eat something.... then she rolled on or in it :love4

Lynda, Les and Calli xxx

(Calli has tested this theory this week....... we made a 2.30am visit to our vet 48 hours ago... she was so poorly and it was getting worse, still not back to her normal lively self yet)
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

Sorry to hear that Calli's not well Lynda. Ella not too well at the moment either. She's had tummy troubles of late, so ended up at the vet. She gave her a week's supply of antibiotics..Metronidazole, did the trick but it came back again. Took her to the vet again yesterday, this time, she gave her an antisemetic jab. She's going to keep her on the antibiotics for a while and see what happens. she's a lot better today so fingers crossed :love4
superjazz

Post by superjazz »

Our best wishes to Calli and Ella for a speedy recovery.
Pat , Syd & Bosun
Cobi & Ginnie's Mum

Post by Cobi & Ginnie's Mum »

Jean,
Sorry to hear about dear Ella, it is a worry when it's sickness and/or diarrhoea and it's difficult to get tablets into them. Calli had an injection with various medicines in to stop her being sick at 2.30am, and Synulox and Zitac tablets. The Synulox are supposed to be palatable fat chance I'd like to know who decides they are palatable....as they look like Steradent tablets, must taste like them as well as I have now resorted to being devious, and wrap them up in bits of ham ...result. Not had a 'golden; inspect it's food so closely for many years. The vet did say that Cobi had had built up an immunity from eating bunny, cow, horse, and deer poo over the years and Calli hasn't...yet. I have managed to recall her several times when she started to eat horse poo, never managed a recall with the previous 7 goldens !!!!! We wouldn't have taken her to the vets at that time, except at 2am when she was sick there was blood, and I would never have forgiven myself if anything had happened to her.
Calli is much better today after three days of tablets, ahe enjoyed her walk and is now back eating dog food, still giving her the tablets in wafer thin ham as I don't want to waste anymore. She has Pro Kolin paste as well for 3 days for the 'squits' !!!!

Hope that Ella gets well soon. :love4

A website that I use is http://www.petwell.co.uk their Pro Kolin paste 60ml is £17.30 and the Logic Diar-stop 60ml is £8.99 everything post free with a quick delivery.

Les and I would like to wish all members a healthy and peaceful :s7:
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

pleased to hear Calli is getting better and I hope Ella is too. Such a worry. Heidi was ill before Christmas with loose and very frequent poos. Trip to the vet no temperature, eating well tummy a bit tight. after injections and Pro col and a hefty bill I found out that she had opened a small bag of food at the bottom and eaten a full bag 2kg. no wonder she had a tight tummy. She never told me she had done this. she wont get the chance again.

I wish everyone a very happy new year. :s7: :2806: :love4
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Hope all your dogs are now feeling better I always order in the Pro kaolin, etc from Vio Vet,always quick service and reasonably priced, last year we had a bad year with Campylobactor, Guirida etc, several poo samples in etc antibiotics etc, then found out that the particular Campylobactor we had was immune to the Antybys.so after talking to a friend she recommended Yudigest which gets your dogs gut bacteria,stable, as often Antybs can kill the good bacteria so the bad bacteria in their gut thrives...so we did and hey it worked! Campylobactor etc all gone. So now I give it to Lucy every morning and so far...we have no bad tums and good poos...and we all like good poos don't we folks... :D
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Talking to a friend over New Year that has a little Jack Russell that's been ill with poorly tummy. Mr Gee had pinched a bag of those awful coloured treats at her grand daughters and became really ill. Ultimately they have got him better but it's left him with a sensitive tummy, so now he is on that Yudigest which is working for him. Never heard of it, but twice in as many days.
We always keep a syringe of Prokolin in the dog box, you just never know.( from VioVet) Always goes on holiday too.
A quick PS. The Yudigest cost £60plus at Vets...£30 on internet.
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Yes a lot cheaper on the internet Lynne :) and like you I have a syringe or two of Prokalin in also found that Promax very good too..good to hear your friends dog is doing much better...:)