Mr Bently goes for a dip

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Mr Bently goes for a dip

Post by bentley »

We didn't time our daily trip to the beach as well as we normally do. Today the tide was coming in fast and there was very little beach left. Mr B prefers to run through the water rather than swim in it but today he made an exception to go and rescue a drowning gravy bone.

https://youtu.be/a4EntAvgsko
Cobi & Ginnie's Mum

Re: Mr Bently goes for a dip

Post by Cobi & Ginnie's Mum »

Mr B you are lovely to watch........ I love seeing them stretching their paws out when they swim. I suppose that Bentley is immune to the salt water when he drinks it because he is in it so often, Ginnie and Cobi (and every dog before them always used to get the 'squits' for the first few days of our holiday)
Calli will see the sea (Scotland) in May for the first time, got the Pro Kolin paste ready, because she is bound to drink it. :1945:

Lynda x :love4
RUSSELL lumb
Senior User
Senior User

Post by RUSSELL lumb »

Hi

Great video like watching David Attenborough on TV , I bet you are glad it
is the sea and not Muddy water as we remember the pictures when he was
a young puppy

best wishes

Bridget Russell and Jasper
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

They will go anywhere and do anything for food. :thumbleft
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Ooh, just loved that. So nice to see them enjoying water like that. Bless.
Our 2 always had the squits ( and a half !) Go nowhere without prokolin.
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by bentley »

Mr B isn't quite as immune to the laxative powers of sea water as I'd like. When we spent too long in the sea the results can be catastrophic. Without going into too much detail let's just say a poo bag is of no use whatever. :2003:

I've learnt now to limit the time he spends swimming. Also, he's never mattered the art of swimming with his mouth open so he can't carry a ball. I've watched many a tennis ball float out to sea. Now I just throw stones into the water for him and he swims out for them. It's hysterical watching him gallop through the water this way and that chasing stones I haven't thrown yet. I can get six 'throws' out of one stone! :1941:

He's looking fantastic at the moment and *touch wood* his epilepsy is well under control. We've been learning a few new tricks as well. I'll do a video for you.

We don't go training any more as there isn;t a class anywhere near here. I'm trying to get one together at the moment and when we get organised maybe even a SW heel work fun show. I've got the trainer, the dogs and owners, all I need is a venue. That's the hard part!