LUCY 1999-2012

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

LUCY 1999-2012

Post by janrobinson »

I had to say goodbye to my dear darling Lucy last Friday.

A mammary tumour removed succesfully but within 10 days had gone into her lungs. No way back from that.

I thought I would have her forever she was so fit and happy but it was not to be. Just 16 very precious months. :cry3:
Steve
Senior User
Senior User

Re: LUCY 1999-2012

Post by Steve »

I am so sorry to read news like this and I really don't know what to say; except she had the love and care she needed when she needed it most. Well done Jan!, thinking of you, take care , steve :2024:
superjazz

Post by superjazz »

So sorry Jan to read about your sad loss of Lucy. You never have these wonderful long enough.
Our deepest sympathy and our thoughts are with you.
P, S J, & C
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Dear Jan, have been thinking of you so much, hope that things have settled a little for you.
We loved Lucy, a delightful little lady that just sat back and welcomed us into her home, she even let Willow pinch her road kill toy. So very sad to learn of this sudden situation.
Without going into any details, It just makes it so plain to see that we really should have our bitches neutered at a younger age to avoid these mammery tumours.
Sleep tight Lou', love from Us.A big hug to Jan and Millie.
:love4
ceitadh

Post by ceitadh »

Dear Jan, This is such sad news,I really feel for you it breaks your heart. Lucy had been well loved and looked after in that short time you had her and I'm sure she knew that. Need to go as I'm getting all emotional now. Take care we are thinking of you.

Audrey,Gordon and Louise :2024:
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

Jan

we are thinking about you :love4

Lynda, Les and Cobi
xxx
Linda

Post by Linda »

Jan, so sorry to hear this sad news. I'm sure everyone on here is indebted to you for taking on these golden oldies and giving them all your loving care and attention - don't know how you do it.

Thinking about you :love4 and :bighug: to Millie

Linda, Terry & Honey
milo's mum

Post by milo's mum »

so sad to hear the news about your Lucy, Jan. thinking of you.
Samsmum

Post by Samsmum »

Oh dear! So very sad to hear about Lucy. The only consolation is that she was happy, contented, and well-looked after in the latter part of her life. Bless her, she was a lovely girl, and we do feel for you Jan. You are so brave taking on the Golden Oldies, knowing that their time may be short.
Our Love and Sympathy - Joyce, David and Sam.
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

We are so sad to here about Lucy, she was such a lovely lady, as all goldens she loved it when I made a fuss of her on a couple of visits to you. Jan you know how much we hold you in such high regard,the oldies you look after sometimes for not a long time at all must know they have been chosen in their twilight years to have a special home and mother to take care of them, till they cross the bridge.WE ALL SEND OUR LOVE TO A VERY SPECIAL LADY. :love2 :love2 :love2 :love2
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Jan Im so very sorry to hear this very sad news, darling Lucy,who always greeted you with a slipper or shoe or toy...run free darling girl..... :2005:
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

We are so very sorry to hear of your sad loss of Lucy, Jan. With you only a short while, but happy, contented and well loved. You are in our thoughts.

Jean, Ray and Ella x
CarolynM
Senior User
Senior User

Post by CarolynM »

Oh Jan - so sorry to hear about Lucy - she was such a lovely gentle lady.

Run free Lucy

xxx
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and wishes. I am coming to terms with it all now and it does help to know you are thinking of me and Millie at this time

. Millie is quieter and looks for her on the walk but that is all except for the very strange thing that she will not go in Lucy's bed. I say Lucy's bed but they both used it not together but if one got out of it the other would go in.. She went into it last night and I was watching her but all she did was shuffle all the bedding about but then decided it was not for her and out she came.
Thanks again :love5
1Harvey

Post by 1Harvey »

When humans die, they make a will
To leave their homes and all they have
To those they love.
I, too, would make a will if I could write.

To some poor wistful, lonely stray
I leave my happy home.
My dish, my cosy bed, my cushioned chair, my toy.
The well loved lap, the gentle stroking hand,
The loving voice.
The place I made in someone's heart.
The love that at last could help me to
A peaceful, painless end,
Held in loving arms.

If I should die, Oh do not say,
"No more a pet I'll have,
To grieve me by it's loss"
Seek out some lonely, unloved dog
And give my place to him.
This is the legacy I leave behind -