Candy

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

superjazz

Candy

Post by superjazz »

It is sad to report that we had to put Candy to sleep yesterday. She became very ill on Friday and there was nothing we could do.We had noticed that there was blood in her motions for a while.
It is thought she probably had a tumour in her intestine.

She was 14 last month and came to us from Jan four Years ago and was a happy soul right to the end.
Jazz is now looking for her and not eating very much.
He is suffering with a limp due to a ligament problem with his back right leg.
We miss the old lady not bustling about the house.
Pat , Syd , Jazz .
Steve
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Candy

Post by Steve »

Hello Pat , Syd & Jazz, I am so very sorry to hear your news I have been looking at some of the photographs posted here and I always thought what a lovely old girl she was. I know she will be sadly missed. Steve.
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Dear Pat and Syd, so very sorry to hear about dear old Candy. What a shock hearing your news, you must be so upset at this, also dear Jazz, he must be fretting for his girl.
You are in our thoughts and send this message with much love to you all. Candy had a lovely 4 years with you and Jazz, thankyou for taking her into your hearts.
Lynn and David,
Woody and Willow.
:bighug:
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

Dear Pat and Syd,

We are so very sorry to hear that you have lost your lovely old lady. I'm sure that her years spent with you all will have been her happiest. Jazz will miss Candy. He sensed her needs and became her eye's when she could no longer see and that was a wonderful thing.

Sending you all our love and thoughts,
Jean, Ray and Ella x
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

Pat and Syd

We are so sorry to hear the sad news about Candy... we are thinking about you, big hugs for you all and especially to Jazz.

Lynda, Les and Cobi :love4
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

We are so sad to hear of your loss of candy, the pictures of her you posted would melt anybody's heart, She had the best of homes, when she came to you and must have been very happy in her old age. We send all our love to you Pat & Syd ,and Jazz of course, he must be missing her as much as you are, and we hope he makes a quick recovery. I'm sure the memories you have of her will bring smiles to your faces, for many years to come, as the pictures of her bring a smile to ours. :love4 :love2
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

So very sad for you all. You gave her a happy loved life for four wonderful years. She was such a little treasure.

Thinking of you :love4
Linda

Post by Linda »

So sorry to hear the sad news about Candy. Our thoughts are with you and hope Jazz is ok.

Linda, Terry & Honey
sammingtonsmythes

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

So so sorry about your loss of dear Candy.Sending you all my love
Diane & Monty xx
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

So very sorry to hear this sad news..Thoughts are with you all.. :2003:
Samsmum

Post by Samsmum »

Dear Pat, Syd and Jazz,
So sorry to hear the news about Candy; she looked such a lovely old lady, and I'm sure you will be devstated at the loss of her. She must have had four wonderful years with you all, and I hope your happy memories will sustain you. Do hope Jazz soon recovers too.
Much sympathy and love to you all - Samsmum (Joyce). :cry3:
superjazz

Post by superjazz »

A big" thank you " to you all , for your support and kind words and thoughts at this sad time. All Golden owners are very special people.
Thanks again.
Pat, Syd, Jazz.
ceitadh

Post by ceitadh »

Dear Pat and Syd, I'm so sorry to read that you have lost Candy. It's a awful blow when you lose such a loyal friend and such a happy one too. Poor Jazz will be so lost without her. My thoughts are with you both and Jazz too. You gave her such a great life in the short time that you had her but I'm sure she felt so loved and her time although short with you made her a happy girl.
We lost Katie at almost fourteen we had her since 8weeks old and still late last night I had a big cry,she is so missed I will never get over her ever but I think in time your heart does make room to love another. Look after yourselves we will think of you over this very difficult time. Sending you all a big hug.

Audrey,Gordon and Louise :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
1Harvey

Post by 1Harvey »

They come into our lives for such a short time-a time we wouldn't trade not even for a dime.
Then before you know it the years have flown by and then all of a sudden we're saying good-bye.
It wasn't that long ago we said our good-byes. We held on to you tight as you closed your eyes.
Your spirit has flown home on the wings of a dove into God's loving arms; in heaven above.
Over the days we've shed many tearsbut the memories we have will live on for years.
We feel your presence and we know that you are near, You're keeping us safe and calming our fears.
We think about memories from years past when you were young and strong and ran so fast.
We remember all the great times that we all had. How you always made us happy never made us mad.
They were the best and happiest years we had. We'll always look back on them and never be sad.
We look forward to the time we'll be together again and we thank the Lord for such a great friend
Now you run and play up in Heaven above cradled in God's arms covered with his love.
Playing by the Bridge waiting for the day we come down through the meadow to the bridge to stay.
The love that you showed us we'll never forget because to us you're one very special pet.
You're like a star in the dark of night always watching over us with the Lord's light.
So now we take time to remember our best friend who will always be with us even to the end.
We'll always remember you the way you were-one big lovable, huggable pile of fur.
Author: John Quealy

God bless xxx