Sam's friend Harold.

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

Samsmum

Sam's friend Harold.

Post by Samsmum »

Hello there!
Sam's dear friend Harold, who lives next door, was 90years old on Sunday. He had a lovely party at his daughter Carroll's home, and we all enjoyed ourselves.
We didn't take Sam, as like us, Carroll has a rescued Golden from Jan called Leia. They get on very well and Leia has had a sleepover at our house, but there were such a lot of people at the party it would have been chaos with the two of them.
Sam sometimes goes to stay with Harold for a few hours, but we no longer leave him overnight, as Harold is not as steady on his feet as he used to be, so we don't want him to fall over Sam in the night.
I sometimes ring Harold and tell him I am coming round with cake or whatever I have been making, and before I can put the receiver down, Sam is forming a queue of one at the side door!! As soon as I open it, he is gone, and waiting for me at Harolds.
When I am coming home I just say "Home Sam", and he is waiting at our door when I get back.
He never runs off. David can be doing the front lawn, which is all open plan, and he sits or lies and watches him. Unlike his predecessor, Meg; open the door and she was half a mile away in seconds, with me in hot pursuit with a treat and her lead. She used to keep going, then turn round, give me a baleful look, and then shoot off again. It took ages to catch her!! She was a loveale rogue.
All the best to you all for a Happy and Peaceful Easter -
Joyce, David and, of course, the inimitable - Sam!
:2035:
Steve
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Sam's friend Harold.

Post by Steve »

Happy Birthday Harold :2086: And I wish you many more. What a beautiful story Joyce, thank you. your Sam sounds just like my Sam and I think Meg was JB's sister :love4 thanks, Steve. :1945:
sammingtonsmythes

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

That is so lovely Joyce a very Happy Birthday to Harold and a pat for Sam
xxx
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

Happy belated birthday Harold, seems to be a very nice man, he loves goldens so must be. :thumbleft Someone in our town/city is also celebrating his ninetieth today, maybe some of you have heard of him, my mum and dad said he was the best, Sir Tom Finney, happy birthday sir Tom. :beerandwhistle:
Samsmum

Post by Samsmum »

I passed on your good wishes to Harold, and he thanks you all for them.
Joyce. :1942:
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Happy belated birthday greetings to Harold. :love4