Where's Sam?

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

Samsmum

Where's Sam?

Post by Samsmum »

Hello friends!
Today something quite funny happened.
I made a large cauldron of soup for lunch; an old friend of mine has been ill, and she said it seemed too much trouble to get food ready, as she lives alone, so I rang her early on and said around lunchtime, I'll bring you a big flask of soup.
Two or three times a week I take soup round to Sam's old friend Harold (now 90). So near to lunch time I rang my friend Margaret and just said "Your lunch is coming, just unlock your door; be about 10 minutes.!", as she lives about a mile away.
David went into the back porch to put his anorak on, and I went to the bedroom to get my jacket. When I got back I said "Where's Sam? Have you put him in the car David?" David said "No, I don't know where he is".
So we went out of the door, looked up the drive, but there was no sign of Sam. Most unusual, as we can leave all the doors open, and he never goes anywhere.
So we walked up the drive shouting "Sam, Sam", and from round the far end of Harold's house galloped Sam.
When he heard me on the phone, he thought I was letting Harold know his lunch was coming.
I think Sam is getting too fast for me - he is certainly a jump ahead!!
Best wishes - Samsmum (Joyce). :2005: :1942:
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Where's Sam?

Post by lynn wise »

How lovely of Sam to think of Harold, what a good boy. :thumbsup:
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

What a souper dog Sam is. :1960
Steve
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Steve »

A lovely story Joyce, have you thought of getting a barrel for Sam's collar? :2074: :1945:
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by bentley »

That's just amazing, I love it, what a clever boy he is! :1963
ceitadh

Post by ceitadh »

Ive always said they know every word we say and understand our conversations. Katie used to do that tennis thing where she would look from Gordon to me back and forth during our meals when we were chatting to one and other and when we saw what she was doing we couldn't stop laughing.

Audrey,Gordon and Louise :1966:
sammingtonsmythes

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

:love4 ahhh Joyce Sam's a clever boy xxx