Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

Samsmum

I have Sinned!!

Post by Samsmum »

Hello Friends -
My name is Sam, and I think some of you know my mum -
Joyce, aka Samsmum!
Well, today I have sinned!!!
I have been with my Mum and Dad for almost five years now, and apart from a bit of anxiety at first when I was left alone, I have been a good boy. Most times Mum and Dad take me with them when they goi out, but occasionally they can't This morning was one of those occasions, as Mum had to go for a check-up at hospital.
Off they went, and I was feeling a bit peeved, so I found the T.V. Times and I ripped it to shreds and left it in a pile in the middle of the sitting room floor.
When they came in and saw what I had done, they had faces like thunder. Mum pointed to the pile of paper and said "No", in rather a stern voice and scooped it all up and put it in the recycling!
Mum and Dad sat down and had a cup of tea and they each had a couple of my favourite biscuits, and would you believe, they never gave me a crumb. Well, I knew then that they were far from pleased with me, so ai toddled off down to the Conservatory and kept a very low profile.
After lunch, they gave me some bits of crusts off their Pizza, and I knew then that all was forgiven.
I know I can't always go with them, and they never leave me for long, and I really do not want to upset them, so I have vowed to be a good boy in future.
Those of you who read the book I wrote the year after I came to my forever home, will know that really I am very good and my Mum and Dad love me very much, just as I love them.
Best wishes and lots of hugs to all my Golden friends and their wonderful owners.
Sam.
P.S. from Samsmum - I am sure he has learned his lesson - the fact that we denied him his favourite treat will I am sure have taught him a lesson.
At least, I hope so!!!!!! The moral is - do not leave papers around!! :2007:
milo's mum

Re: I have Sinned!!

Post by milo's mum »

oh dear sam were't you a naughty boy. no wonder you will be on your best behaviour from now on. if it's any consolation milo used to be a naughty boy too. he used to like eating the tissues out of the bin in the living room. his favourite always seemed to be when anybody had a cold. ( yes i know it's disgusting but he loved it so that's that.) we asked the vet once and she said it was just mischief and not to worry). i think it is just a trait for goldens to be a bit destructive but not enough to really upset anybody ( aren't you a caring breed)?
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

:2035: Hi Sam,

Hope you are feeling happy again. It's funny isn't it, how something like shredded paper can upset a human so much. When my Mum and Dad go out without me (and yes, sometimes they have to), my mum puts a magazine on the floor!!!!! You see Sam, I am usually very good :angel: but I have this thing about threads or bits of fluff on the carpet, and I just have to investigate (you know how it is) I try to pull it up or dig at it with my paw, only 'cause I've nothing better to do, and sometimes it makes a hole.....only a very small one, nothing to write home about. When my Mum and Dad come in, I give myself away, I just sit very still, with only the very tip of my tail wagging, so that is why there is paper on the floor, it seems to stop me from doing it, very strange, but it seems to work, they love me really :love2

By the way Sam, do you watch Gardeners World? there is a lovely golden called Nigel and his Dad is Monty. He wasn't there tonight and I really missed him. He seems to have a lovely life too. Aren't we lucky!

Ella xxx
rosndog

Post by rosndog »

Hello Sam, :thumbleft
It's Sophie here.
I bet you had loads of fun shredding the TV Times ! I have only managed an old tissue this afternoon which I tore to little pieces and left all over the landing. My owner Ian was not best pleased and told me I was 'in the dog house!' Not sure what that means as I'm definitely in my own house which must be a dog's house.
The best time I really had though was when a charity bag came through that funny little hole in the front door - what a great time I had, made even better by the fact that both Ros and Ian were out - total destruction !! Ian can't have been that cross because he actually took photos of me which may appear on the forum soon. There have been no more bits of paper through that hole in the front door so I suppose the letters must be going into a postbox on the wall - ("TOO RIGHT Young Sophie" I hear Ros say).
Anyway, must be going. Don't quite get what all the fuss is about when I have my head deep inside the paper recycling sack, but I'll let you know if I work it out.
Hope to meet you sometime,
Lots of wet licks,
Sophie :bounce:
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Oh dear, Sam, Ella and Sophie, haven't you been the naughty ones.

We, that's the royal we, Willow actually, as a penchant for anything remotely paperish. Tissue and kitchen roll by far the biggest delicacy. Mum wags her finger, "oh naughty girl" and clears up after the onslaught. Me, I don't do things like that, I just BARK when they aren't within a paws length of me. I do on occasions take it out on Dolly when I don't get my own way, then Mum gets the sewing stuff out to do an A&E job, quite partial to the nose area. Dolly then ends up in that thing that goes round and makes them come out wet, we don't see them for a day or two 'cos they are in the garden hung high up.
I think they like us really, 'cos Mum takes us for nice walks, and always gives us our dinner when we ask! Oh and lots of cuddles and them things called biscuits. On the subject of biscuits, Willow is a little madam, she will not come when called when "that Way out". Mum just shouts BISCUIT, and that makes her turn on a sixpence ( mum says') and hurtle back at a great rate of knots.
All things considered, we don't have a bad life here as I'm sure you too will have a good one with your slaves.

Will go now, time for a bark as Mum out of sight .

Woody Wise.xxx

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc30 ... /dogsa.jpg
rosndog

Post by rosndog »

Hi Sam,

I've found the photos ... :rofl:

From Sophie x

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1483&p=10731#p10731
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

Ooh Sam, you little tinker !!! and the tinkerettes, Ella, Sophie and Willow...
Love the photographs of the 'shredders', and I love that photograph of Amber when logging onto the website surrounded by her shredded toilet rolls !!!!! and the glaring look on her face because she has been caught in the act.

Ginnie occasionally shredded paper but her preferrence was to 'disembowel' her toys, and if Cobi could assist her that was even better......

I remember what Gemma and Jade got upto in 1981, Mum and I went to visit Dad in hospital and on our return both of them looked very sheepish, several telephone directories had been shredded in the hallway. It looked like a whirlwind had been through the hall. :1967
Samsmum

Post by Samsmum »

Hello Friends!
It is good to know that other have sinned too!! And what fun! Those pictures. I almost cheered!
Mum and Dad had to go to a meeting late morning today, and I couldn't go with them, but they moved all reachable papers and I was a very good boy, and didn't go looking for mischief. It was worth being good as Mum gave me a large hide bone when she came in!! Is it too much to hope that I might get a big treat each time I am left?
As for barking - well I give the postman a good greeting from behind the door when he puts the post through, and I give him a good send-off when he leaves.
I also still bark and growl at Mum's students, but they know I don't really mean it, as I wag the whole of my rear end, and then collect all my toys and present them to them!!
Wouldn't it be fun if we lived within barking distance - we could exchange ideas, like how to sin and not get found out!! Must stop - my imagination is running away with me, and anyway it is nearly feeding time!!
Lots of hugs and admiration for my lovely Golden friends.
Sam. :2035:

P.S. from Samsmum - he is perfectly angelic now - wonder how long this will continue! Can't grumble he has been wonderful for nearly five years, so the odd blip is nothing really. Loved the pictures - beautiful Goldens, confident that they have done a good job!!! Bless them!
Joyce. :1942:
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

I just love all these stories. My old Barney, going back top the early 80's was a post fiend. He used to lie in wait and then attack as it came through the letter box. John had his own business then and many is the excuse I have had to make when asking for a new cheque to be written. I couldn't blame him every time could I?? Other than that he was the gentlest of dogs. :2026: