Charlie is my darling

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

hope

Charlie is my darling

Post by hope »

Dear friends. I have just adopted a 7 year old golden. Called Charlie, my Solo went to Rainbow Bridge in July. I still get upset thinking of it. But then came my Charlie. He was from a good home and was adored but unfortunately through no fault of theirs he could not be kept I was vetted a lot which to me was a good thing. That just proves they are professional and only wanting the dogs life to be a good one. We went to Worcester to pick him up from South Yorkshire Ingrid was wonderful .. He was in the kennels but really was so unhappy that Sally fostered him till we picked him up they were a kind doggy family and he was lucky he had a big paddock to run and play with the family's dogs .. He wasn't eating properly .. No wonder bless him he missed his owners... But we brought him back. He's been here a week now. We are giving him so much love. He is a dream dog. Gentle kind and does as he's asked. I hadn't realised how depressed I had got without solo. But everyone else had noticed. I have never been without a goldy in my life for long. And to be without one was heart wrenching .. I'm home all day every day so it was so empty. No solo coming to greet me with a baby in his mouth just emptiness. Now..... My home is alive again fun laughter and tears of joy fir Charlie .......God Bless You wonderful people that rescue our lovely goldens and animals Thank you for reading my little story. Love to you all xx xxxxxxxxx :2362:
Steve
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Charlie is my darling

Post by Steve »

Congratulations Hope, well done, I am so pleased everything came right for you in the end, give Charlie a :bighug: :love4 from Steve.
superjazz

Post by superjazz »

So pleased to read about Charlie. Glad he has a good home. Goldens are such good companions. Best wishes to you all.
Pat , Syd & Katie :thumbsup:
hope

Post by hope »

Thank you for your replies. I love this forum. And the people in it. We are having so much fun at the moment just love him xxx ... Thanks xxx :love6:
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

What great news for you and Charlie, can't imagine life without a golden. They do make life so much happier. :love4
rosndognme

Post by rosndognme »

That's great news Hope - thanks for sharing your story

Welcome home Charlie :2035: