Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Ella

Post by Ellas mum »

[*]Image007 by jean duckworth, on Flickr

It is with so much sadness that we have to tell you we have lost our beautiful girl. She had been loosing the use of her back legs for a while, and was finding it difficult to walk. We came home to find her in a state of collapse and knew she couldn't cope any longer. We had to make the decision to free her from her pain. The vet was wonderful, she talked to her all the time. And so, with our arms around her, Ella passed away, calmly, gently and with dignity.

Ella has been the most wonderful companion, a kind, gentle lady with a beautiful heart. We have given her, her Forever home for the last 13yrs, but she has given us so much more. We will miss you sweetheart......but oh, the memories, they will last a lifetime.

Thank you Jan, we have been privileged to have her in our lives.
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Ella

Post by lynn wise »

So VERY sad to hear this news Jean and Ray. It was lovely to see you 3 at funday this year. Ella will always be remembered by David and I, such a beautiful girl inside and out.
Ella had the most wonderful and caring of homes, lots of fun days out with you both. Happy memories to hold close at this most awful of times. We really feel for you both.
What can you say at times like this, just to send our love and sympathy and that you are in our thoughts.
L.D.and Willow xxx :bighug:
A lovely photo and tribute to your very special girl. :love4
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by bentley »

I am so very sorry for your loss. Hold on to those lovely memories of your gorgeous Ella.
RUSSELL lumb
Senior User
Senior User

Post by RUSSELL lumb »

HI

we are relay sorry to hear your sad news and know what you are going through just remember the love Ella gave you and the love you gave Ella and the
many happy times you had together. Broken hearted doesn't really say enough.

best wishes
Bridget and Russell
sammingtonsmythes

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

I am so so sorry for your loss of Ella!I know what you are going through right now.More than 2 weeks without Monty and my heart is broken.Sending my love to you all xxxx
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

Ella came home today.

And can it be that in a world so full and busy,
the loss of one creature makes a void so wide and deep,
that nothing but the width and depth of eternity
can fill it up.

Charles Dickens

Thank you for listening Lynn xx
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Back where she belongs Jean.
:love4 :bighug:
In our thoughts, with love.
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

:bighug: Just helps a bit when they come home and you have got them with you again. Thinking of you

xx
sammingtonsmythes

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

It does help a bit when we get them back.Monty is where he slept,where his bed was next to me on my side of the bed.He never tried to jump on the bed during the night.He would get on after the alarm went and lie between us.Such a void.So sorry
Cobi & Ginnie's Mum

Post by Cobi & Ginnie's Mum »

So sorry for this very late posting Jean and Ray (we've been away caravanning very little phone signal and no internet)

But we would like you to know that Les and I are so very sorry to hear about dear beautiful Ella :cry3:

Thinking of you

Lynda and Les x