Happy 10th Birthday, Bentley

Share pictures of your much loved pets - If you have a rescue dog, pop a picture in here and let us know how heshe is getting on

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Happy 10th Birthday, Bentley

Post by bentley »

Wow! Bentley made it to ten years old!

His favourite place in the whole world is still velcro'd to my side. In this house one does not simply walk across the floor. One walks up to, steps over and around the dog as he leaps to his feet to see where I'm going. I tell him every time, "I'm not going anywhere, chill out", but he still needs to be near me.

His second favourite place in the whole world is still the beach, or more accurately, the sea. He still doesn't know when he's had enough so I have to limit his time on there so he doesn't over tire himself and these days we take the car there rather than walk it but he just loves it.

It's hysterical watching him do his gallumphing dad run after the crows or a younger dog before giving up and saying, "I'll just watch and wag my tail."

He's as sweet natured as ever but now he's gone deaf so we are working on hand signals. Clever lad soon gets the idea. At the moment we are traing for a video dance competition based on Oliver! I'm teaching him to pick my pocket. He didn't need a lot of training for that one haha.

This last year he's been through the mill a bit with his health, as you know. At the moment he's doing really well. Some days he's full of beans and other days we take more slowly.

After a nasty and terrifying episode with his epilepsy the vet increased his meds by adding another tablet - actually the same drug at the same dose that my husband takes. I was worried about it affecting him (Bentley - not Bob :1968 ) adversely but he's been fine on it and his fits are now under control.

I don't even try and pretend to my kids now that Bentley isn't my favourite child haha.

Once again, thank you Jan for taking a chance on us and letting us bring Bentley into our lives. Here are a few photos from the last few weeks.

The big bald patch on his side is from a scan he had. It's taking a while to grow back.

Mum! Throw me a stick!

As a decorator's mate he's rubbish!!

And finally, from this morning on a lovely calm and relatively warm day on the beach. What a great start to his birthday.

I've got a video of him opening his presents but I can't get it to upload. I'll keep trying.
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Happy 10th Birthday, Bentley

Post by lynn wise »

Gosh Lesley, where did those years go.
Still enjoying himself so much, keep up the good work.
:1964
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Re: Happy 10th Birthday, Bentley

Post by janrobinson »

Happy Birthday Handsome Boy. :2800:
I can't believe he is 10 already Time is going so quickly . So nice to hear from you Lesley :love3