Bentley on the beach

Share pictures of your much loved pets - If you have a rescue dog, pop a picture in here and let us know how heshe is getting on

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Bentley on the beach

Post by bentley »

I'd love to say that the weather has been fantastic here in Torquay but it's been a bit up and down to be honest. Still, we didn't get your snow and hailstones and it certainly doesn't stop Mr B enjoying his daily swim in the sea. On our way to the beach the other day we were a bit surprised to see a ship at the traffic lights - and then in Bentley's favourite swimming bay. The look on his face was priceless when he saw the ship.

Cobi & Ginnie's Mum

Re: Bentley on the beach

Post by Cobi & Ginnie's Mum »

Bentley as handsome as ever, and he still has a lovely black snout :love5

Lynda x

PS
Lesley, does your watermark say tripping over pebbles in the dark?
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Lovely to see and hear Bentley having a great time down there. Weather didn't look brilliant on the last photo, much the same as we have had I guess. Last few days here fantastic, no wet dogs or miserable owner!
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by bentley »

The weather has been proper flea weather - warm and wet. Yuk! Never mind - it could be worse, it could be cold and wet. At least we are getting patches of lovely warm sunshine between the mist and drizzle.

Yes, the watermark does say 'Tripping over Pebbles in the dark'. I forgot to take it off before I uploaded the photos and when I realised I was too lazy to do it all again without the watermark. It was the name of my blog - which I've since changed to 'Tripping over Pebbles no more'. It was named after our old black moggy, 'Pebbles' who used to sleep in the most bizarre places and we often tripped over her in the dark. She dies a week before she was 21, hence the change of name in honour of her. She was a grand old lady with impeccable manners.
Cobi & Ginnie's Mum

Post by Cobi & Ginnie's Mum »

The word tripping.....'catch one's foot on something and stumble or fall', I don't need pebbles in the dark, I seem able just to fall over my own big feet (what a lovely tribute to your cat)

I nearly put as a reply that both my ankles were as black as Bentley's snout, but then I thought that someone may think I hadn't washed my feet.......both ankles are now purple and yellow having tripped up then collided with the patio last Friday, Calli dived on top of me thinking it was a new game !!!!! just glad I hadn't broken it as, ten years ago, the big GIN took my feet out from under me and I broke the left ankle, I spoilt Cobi and Ginnie's walk that day, and Lottie and Megan's.

Lynda :love4
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by bentley »

Oh no, Lynda!! You poor thing, that must have shaken you up! I hope you make a quick recovery. :love3
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Lovely pictures of Bentley He is a happy boy.

Loved the story of your cat, we would never have thought that tripping over pebbles meant the cat.

I can trip over my own feet as well as the next man. Only the other day I was going up the banking to pick up poo a very gentle slope but tripped over my own feet and was flat on my face in no time. I was not hurt as it is covered in fallen leaves but it was a good job I wasn't as the laughter from my " friends" meant there was no sympathy there. I had to laugh at myself :1949:
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

Wet dog....happy dog, and lovely views. :love4
superjazz

Post by superjazz »

Good to see Mr B again. Hope the Liner was not landing sick passengers with stomach trouble.
Pat , Syd & Bosun.
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by bentley »

I think the cruise ship was there because it couldn't get into Dartmouth. I didn't see any green faced passengers disembarking. :1968
RUSSELL lumb
Senior User
Senior User

Post by RUSSELL lumb »

Hi

Mr B looks really well and his now a proper Cornish Surfer Dude
great photos

Bridget Russell and Jasper