Diving off the rocks (kind of)

Share pictures of your much loved pets - If you have a rescue dog, pop a picture in here and let us know how heshe is getting on

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Diving off the rocks (kind of)

Post by bentley »

Mr B loves to run into the sea for rocks. We stopped taking a ball to the beach and throwing it into the water for him when we, and he, realised he can't swim with his mouth open. :1968 After we'd watched about 100 balls float of towards Brixham we decided to give them a miss and settle for throwing stones in.

Running into the sea is one thing, going for a swim out for a few feet is great as long as he isn't too far out of his depth but jumping into the water off the rocks, that 's one thing he has to pluck up courage for. Once he's done it he's ok but the first time takes him a while.

Here he is last week on a particularly warm day.

https://youtu.be/XQ8UGkyX7Zg

Update on the epilepsy. He's been doing brilliantly and has been going as long as two months with no issues so we count ourselves very lucky. However, last night was his night for a fit. He was just about recovering and just able to stand when the cat walked over to him, gave him a kiss on his nose and did a little purry meow as if she was asking him if he was ok. Bents managed to give his tail a little wag as a thank you. It was a little bit of loveliness in an otherwise grim event. Aren't animals lovely? :love6 :love5
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Diving off the rocks (kind of)

Post by lynn wise »

Film not working Lesley. :2011:
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by bentley »

Odd. I just clicked on the link and it went straight to it. Try again it might have been a blip? If not I'll repost.
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

No luck Lesley, David couldn't get it either. SORRY
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Just a thought on the lost balls Lesley. We had same problem, have sorted it by buying a Kong dummy (Amazon) it's got a short cord handle. Tied a length of cotton washing line to it and a loop at hand end. Kept hold of loop, loose line on ground and threw. Brilliant, no more looking for bits to throw.
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by bentley »

What a great idea about the kong! WE'll see how that one works out :-D

I can't understand what's going on with the video. Oddly, it works when I click on it. When I put the embed code it doesn't work. Try copying and pasting the url? Sorry, I'm at the end of my knowledge now. :2029:

https://youtu.be/XQ8UGkyX7Zg