Does your golden eat anything?

Share your feeding plans, preferences on food choices and any hints & tips on feeding related matters or nutrition

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

beaverboy

Post by beaverboy »

Sandy eats anythign he can! He will eat everything ecept Celery! He will spit it out, try to eat it again, then spit it our again! He hates it!

What does your dog hate :?:
julie

Lettuce - Yuk

Post by julie »

Honey will eat pretty much anything and everything - except - for lettuce. She can separate this from a sandwich in no time at all!
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

YES !!! Cobi does eat everything

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

Yesterday I had prepared our dinner and had removed some of the chicken fillets to be cooked for the 'girls' as a treat on their dinners. I heard a noise and a clatter, I immediately knew that Ginnie would not be enjoying any chicken on her dinner! My Hubby went downstairs to find Ginnie lying in her basket who looked at him as much to say it wasn't me, Cobi came out of the kitchen with a smile on her face smacking her lips, and wagging her tail, the chicken had gone!! Thievy 'treevie, the little b***er.
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Our Willow is into broccoli, don't ask me why :lol: Each time I prepare dinner, I leave it to go in the steamer last, little madam, she pinches it while I'm out of the kitchen. There I am, searching, wonderering if I really had got it out of the fridge, is it me that just thinks I did, mind going awol (again). Then I spy the little green bits on the duvet,and 1 smug pup. Now she's getting bigger, I think worktop extensions might be in order. This is war, her or the broccoli :lol: :lol:
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

Ella would eat lettuce till it came out her ears, but her VERY favourite is rice. Not just ANY rice, you know who's basmati rice!! When we have a meal with rice, I always save her a big portion, she has it plain. She waits till we've finished, but all the while eyes fixed on your face, then as soon as you look at her makes a B-line for the kitchen, then back again to say 'where were you? me stomach thinks me throat's cut.' It's downed in 5 seconds flat. You'd think she never got fed :lol:
jdaye

what robbie eats

Post by jdaye »

mornin to all robbie will eat anyting,all fruit and veg,even the prawns we get for the teripins,we are begining to think if it is someone elses food he will eat it,anybody elses goldie like that? he also has a fondness for garden plants,you can go out and there he is munching away on bamboo or other plant he shouldnt have,he gets this silly look on his face as if to say i was saving you a job with the pruning,he also digs the grass{what i mean is whats left of it}andleaves nice holes which when it rains fill up so he has his own mud bath,his face gets put in the mud and then he blows bubbles if he gets hold of a stone he brings it in jumps on the sofa with stone as if to say arnt i clever,by which time whoever got the pressie is coversd in mud also,dont you love the sense of humour of goldies.bye for now jeanette
RUSSELL

APPLES AND BANAAS

Post by RUSSELL »

Hi

Are retrievers clever our what this morning Jasper was very quite while
we were getting ready for work he had taken a banna off the fruit bowl
and just left the skin in the dinning room floor he also eat an apple last
week and just left four pips. We assume the odd fruit is ok for Goldies
makes a change from horse muck and the rest the usually like

Russel jasper dad
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

I don't suppose the odd bits of fruit can hurt but I have heard that there is something in bananas that may be not be just quite right for a dog. if they have too much. Although having said that I knew of one dog who used to have a banana every day ????? not one of mine I hasten to add.
Mine wait for raw carrots when I am making tea, even if I am not having carrots they wait for them so they get what they want. They also have some porridge in a morning I have to save them a spoonful each or there is no living with them. Hands on hips and feet tapping has nothing on them.
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Fruit and dogs

I hope that there is nothing wrong with bananas as Ginnie loves them, you can't peel one another room 'cause Gin will hear it! she only gets the odd piece though. My dogs also like kiwi, cucumber, apples, pears, clemmies not jaffas. Cobi is like Jasmine goes nuts for raw carrots but unlike Jasmine she cleans all the bits up, Gemma used to cry for runner beans and potatoes whilst I was skinning and peeling them.
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Are you going to eat all of that?
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

If anyone can make you feel guilty when you're eating, dogs can :roll:

You just HAVE to share :lol: :lol:
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

That is a lovely photo Lynda glad you removed my head.
CarolynM
Senior User
Senior User

Post by CarolynM »

What a fantastic photo of some very pleading goldies.

Sometimes it is very hard to resist those eyes :roll:
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

having your cake and eating it

I've got a better photo than that, entitled having your cake and eating it, Tessa has turned away in digust as Jan popped the cake into her mouth! To be fair all of them got a small bit, knowing what Jan says about Tessa, obviously not a big a bit as Tessa thought she was entitled to.

Cobi could dribble for England, it's like Niagra Falls, Oooh.