bronson

Discuss health issues, for example teething problems, vaccinations etc

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

bronson

bronson

Post by bronson »

Hi All,
Bronson is going to have an xray on his leg, the vet is not sure what the problem is and now thinks the crusial ligament operation may not have worked .The vet does not seem to think that we know our dog he seems to think that we are over protective parents,(this si the third time we have been to him 6 weeks)
We will know one way or another on thursday)
he had his operation in August of last year.
:2007: :2011:
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Re: bronson

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

Poor lad, hope it's not that again..... give Bronson big kiss from Ginnie and Cobi X
bronson

Post by bronson »

Hi to you all
yes so do we keeping our fingers crossed x
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Will speak to you on Thursday. Big hug for Bronson :love4
bronson

Post by bronson »

Thanks jan i think there will be some words said at the vets on thursday we will wait and see first to see what they say, he has passed it on to the senior vet who works at the citheroe pratice Mr Boyle he is called.
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Oh dear, poor Bronson. Hope all goes well for him on thursday.
Hugs from Us. :love6

Just a thought, on what you've said, why if the Vet thinks the 'op wasn't successful does he think you are being over protective? He needs his bumps feeling!!! Bit of a contradiction there.
You just carry on, you know your dog.

Sorry, that's my soap box for the day.
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Mike and Julie....

I agree with Lynn..... you know your dog.
I sometimes have to tell t'other half that something isn't quite right or one of them is 'off colour', I suppose it's because I'm with them all day every day whilst he is out at work. I used to joke that we might as well have a season ticket when Jasmine and Abby were alive as there wasn't a week that went by without us being at the vets with something or other.

Just now I'm getting the 'Cobi whinge' as it is nearly 3pm, she doesn't want to go out to the toilet as it's raining !!!! (not soft my two) SHE thinks it's time I got off my behind and fed her !!!! :1960: love to Bronson :love4 from Gin & Co.
bronson

Post by bronson »

Hi All
Bronson is home after his xray and his hips are clear his operation which he had last august has been successfull what has come up is that it is Artheritus(sorry about the spelling)The vet has suggested that we take him for a course of injections in 5 days time.
we will keep you updated on his progress.Sorry Jan we thought it was a little late to phone you by the time we got home.
Julie and Mike Bronson says hi too
CarolynM
Senior User
Senior User

Post by CarolynM »

Really pleased about the news on Bronson - are the injections Cartrophen?? If so, they worked brilliantly on our old Anna who was able to get on the sofa for the first time since we adopted her :thumbsup: (she was that astonished that she could, that she fell off but thats another story!! :2029: )

xx
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

Thats really good news for Bronson, hope everything goes well for him now :thumbleft
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Good news Julie and Mike, hope the injections prove to be a good move.
Let's know how he fairs. :love4
bronson

Post by bronson »

We dont know what the injections are called but will know more when we take him back on tuesday
Julie and Mike :1949:
superjazz

Post by superjazz »

Lets hope the good news continues , all the very best wishes to Bronson and his support team.
P, S J & C
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Ginnie's arthritis is under control with the occasional course of Rimadyl and she always has glucosamine and chrondroitin with MSM in her breakfast, she sometimes 'hobbles' after overdoing things. Once the vet gets the dose right Bronson will be fine. XX
bronson

Post by bronson »

Hi
Thank you so much for the support and best wishes for Bronson,
Bronson has been on Seraquin for a couple of months.
Took him for a his daily walk today he was fine whilst he was out usual happy self saw his usuall non human freinds who he loves to run round with.i let him have 10 mins run with them,but after he came back he fell asleep but he was back to his hobbling again when he walk up. We are keeping him on lead only now untill his injections kick in.

From Julie Mike and Bronson :2005: