Static

Discuss health issues, for example teething problems, vaccinations etc

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Static

Post by lynn wise »

Anyone else experienced the problem that I have with Willow. When I groom her she builds static up in her coat which is very silky on the top coat. She needs grooming on a regular basis as she cotters up under her "arm pits" and pants. Poor little mite, she runs a mile when the grooming kit comes out. I use a slicker brush and a rake, both of which have steel pins. Wondered whether a rubber mat would help. When I groom her, I get the tingles off her as well.
Any suggestions?
:2026:
Molly's Maid

Re: Static

Post by Molly's Maid »

Hi Lynn,

Molly doesn't tend to get static but my chow chow did. You could run half the lights in Cheshire off her coat!

We found the grooming mit with a rubber palm bit gave us some improvement, but the vet suggested a spraying a tiny bit of water on it too. We used one of those cheap atomiser spray bottles to put a really fine mist on the mit. We could do her whole body with a dozen fine sprays. As long as you set the spray to its finest setting the coat should not feel at all wet to the touch afterwards either. Mia also preferred the mit to the brushes because it was more like getting stroked and less like being attacked with a brush, I think.

Hope that helps a bit.

Julie and Molly (and Mia) :love4