Change in attitude

Got a question about your dog? Ask it here - members will share their experiences and try to help you

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

David_H

Change in attitude

Post by David_H »

Hi everybody

Haven’t been on in a long time now. However I need your advice sammy the golden I adopted 4 years ago now has suddenly just bit someone I know out of the blue. He’s never ever show any aggression towards anybody. However on our walk back today we I stopped to talk to a neighbour whom he knows and has been stroked by on numerous occasions. All of a sudden Sam turned around and bit him between the thumb and finger. I was totally taken back by it and I’m utterly shocked. As I’ve already stated he’s never shown any sort of aggression before, there hasn’t been any changes at home or with his routine.

He did however have an operation in late November to remove a cancerous tumour but has been absolutely fine since then and has been given the all clear.

If anybody could offer any advice I’d truly appreciate it

Thanks

David & Sam
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Re: Change in attitude

Post by janrobinson »

Hi David,

So sorry to hear you are having this problem with Sam but if a perfectly normal dog suddenly changes like this then something is going wrong and he needs to be checked out by the vet. He may have a pain somewhere and it hurts if touched or he thinks it is going to be touched. Let me know how you go on