amazing retriever and new owner

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

sammingtonsmythes

Re: amazing retriever and new owner

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

Doesn't it just Jan.I have come across rescues on Facebook in Greece,Romania and other countries that will raise the money to rehome the dogs in the UK,USA all over the place.They put an appeal up saying lets get this fella to his new family who are waiting in whatever and people all over the world will just give a bit and it soon adds up.Dogs that are special needs even.So long as they still enjoy life why not eh.Fantastic.You do this on your own Jan just think what you have done for all these fantastic dogs and the people too!I think this dog is going to be just fine with a lot of work of course.What a lovely man!Really restores your faith in mankind to know there are so many people prepared to help.There are some terrible people out there and it doesn't bear thinking about.We just do what we can to redress the balance.You are most definately going to a very good place one day but not for a long time!Will send what we talked about in the post tomorrow so sorry forgot to post it!!!
sammingtonsmythes

Well aren't i a fool so sorry i got Roo mixed up with another dog.Sorry everyone not having a very good day!I am happy that she is doing well though will let you know when Brian posts another blog
sammingtonsmythes

Here we go everyone.Latest installment on Roo the Golden that i posted links on before?
http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2012/08/note ... art-three/
Two videos on this one.The second one is particularly charming when Roo sees herself in the mirror for the first time=priceless
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

So glad she is progressing, but know that she will probably never be totaly free of her fear of noizes, the way they discribe the feelings of those who rescue dogs, must ring true with Jan they are a special breed these rescue people. Many like me talk about it, but do nothing. I hope to change that when I can, as I still work and do suffer a little ill health, I hope when I do retire its a while off yet to devote some of my time to help with rescue or charity work and thats a promise I INTEND TO KEEP. :1958:
sammingtonsmythes

Wonderful Lenny we can only do what we are able to.I would love to do more am very frustrated by it.Know how you feel.When my husband retires he wants to get involved with charity too.I am in awe of Jan.It's just amazing,what she has done for our beautiful Retrievers and for us also.I think Roo will get there in the end.Isn't it wonderful the way she bobs up and down when seeing her own reflection just like a puppy.
all the best Diane & Monty
:love6
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Such a beautiful dog, how anyone can treat dogs like this is alien to me,at times when i read things that man has done it makes me ashamed to be a member of the human race..hopefully this little one is now turning the corner and a loving home awaits her...