Home again

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Home again

Post by lynn wise »

Just catching up with all the news and photos, just wonderful.

A good holiday had by all, with good weather to top it off.

Dogs have been patted and cuddled all the time we have been away. By the 3rd day, Woody was stopping passers by to give him a pet! The tart, anybodys that dog. :2009: Even had a couple from Australia taking photos of them both to show friends on their return home.
Himself had the squits after finding a crab on the beach, couldn't get there fast enough to take it off him. 2 days of light diet later, all well. Willow is a horror for sweeping up anything on the ground, resorted to muzzles on the beach, at least no more poorly tums but a really miffed couple of dogs. Seaweed is Willows prefered choice.

Well, will have to go and get stuck into the caravan blitzing, see you all later. L xx
superjazz

Re: Home again

Post by superjazz »

Glad you all had a good holiday and fine weather.
Katie likes seaweed too, perhaps they have tried the Welsh lava bread in the past

Pat Syd and Katie
Steve
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Steve »

Hi Lynn, pleased you all had a good jolly but "YOU" should have told David to cook the crab first!! :1967
We had a great time in Scotland the weather was fantastic, hot & sunny which added to my sunburn from Saturday: I've had so much cream slopped on me I think Jackey has secret shares in nivia :bighug: to Willow and himself :thumbleft
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Glad you had a great time Lynn sounds just like my two if anyone gives them any attention, they lap it up...we were in the Lakes recently with the back of the car open, we had taken a packed lunch and we were sitting by the car, then 2 ladies came over and said could they stroke our two, of course we said yes, they made a fuss and Paddy then gave one of the ladies a bit smacker of the face, luckily she loved dogs and had recently lost her old golden, she said it was fine and she did miss her kisses...there is something about a golden though isnt there... :)

And yes my two if they find something disgusting to eat, or roll in, they will... :-|
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

At Perranporth Beach

At Padstow Headland walk

gone shopping

Last edited by lynn wise on Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Hi Lynn

So pleased you had a good holiday and took some lovely pictures yet again. Did you see Charlie while you were in Perranporth :love4
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by bentley »

What lovely photos, what a lovely location. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

No Jan we didn't see him and Beanie, but we did look out for them.
What a fab' place to visit with the dogs, it's the headquarters of the Golden Retriever appreciation Society down there, more Goldens than any other breed on holiday. We had a great time making friends with all of them, and people were very surprised to hear that ours were from Rescue, so yet again Jan made the headlines. We always give NWGRR a plug and tell folk about Jans work.
After the episode with Woodys tummy, we didn't want to risk him again, so put the muzzles on them both, sounds a bit harsh but it saves on Vet bills. Went to Rock beach with them both, as we were walking along, 2 lovely ladies were approaching us and they started laughing at the dogs. " we know why they have those on, typical Goldens ". They had 2, a dog and bitch, so we had a long chat with them both. The bitch at one time had had a chicken carcase that she had stolen from a bin, had to spend 3 days at the Vets on a drip with the worse case of food poisoning that the Vet had ever seen. On her return home, she went straight out to search for the remains, I ask you, do they ever put 2 and 2 together and realise what made them so ill!!!
On the site were we stayed there were 4 couples with their Border Collies, each had 7, they were there competing in agility competitions. My goodness, they were so well behaved and friendly, a joy to watch when they were all out together in the field, made our 2 look like spoiled brats. Only kidding, but they were lovely to meet.
Will post more photos when we get chance.
superjazz

Post by superjazz »

Thanks for sharing great pics of Woody and Willow, So glad he has made a full recovery

Pat Syd and Katie
Linda

Post by Linda »

Lovely photos of Willow & Woody. Glad you had a nice time in Cornwall, Lynn
milo's mum

Post by milo's mum »

wow! what great photo's. we're all going to st ives next may-not been for a couple of years but just love it down there. the only thing that outshone the scenery were the photo's of w&w. don't blame you for putting the muzzles on. as dog owners we are only half joking when we say they should be named dyson. i remember milo trying to investigate a giant jellyfish on hayle beach. i was pulling at his lead to get him away and he went on his belly spreadeagled to make himself a dead weight.(i did win on the battle of wills). as for splashing in the sea with the dogs-you can't beat it!!!
sammingtonsmythes

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

Gorgeous.Have to watch for seawater too don't have to drink much for it to kill them i'm afraid
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

What fab pictures of them both,gorgeous place to visit, we went once to Cornwall and it rained every day,,but looks like you had fab weather...maybe we should think about going again if Goldens are there too... :D
Samsmum

Post by Samsmum »

Hi Lynn!
So glad you had a great holiday in Cornwall - beautiful county, and all the better for its large population of Goldens!!
Love Perranporth and usually go into the little cafe by the harbour - called ----Ice. Can't remember the full title, but the food is good, and they make a great pot of tea - my staple diet!!!
We didn't take Sam with us this year, as our son John and his partner Linda wanted to take us to a lot of places where it would have been impossible to take a dog, and there is a limit as to how long you can leave them in a car!!
But you know, we are so lucky with Sam - he rarely picks up anything unless we say it is O.K. I think I have only once seen him go to pick something up on the path beside the canal. He did once go in the sea at Rhos-on-Sea, and he bobbed up and down so much with his mouth open, that he was quite sick when he came out. As soon as he sees the sea, he sets off like a rocket, and the number of people who stop and comment on his speed is amazing. He is such a good lad. When David does the front lawn, open plan, he lies and watches him, and doesn't even move when next door's cat strolls brazenly across HIS lawn! Wood pigeons sometimes come up to the back door, and he doesn't give them a second glance.
We are really lucky, and he knows what "no" means, and if he comes into the kitchen when I am getting food ready, sometimes I give him a scrap, but as soon as I say "All gone now", he turns tail and goes out.
By the way Lynn, the pictures are lovely. Woody and Willow always look as if they have posed for you. How do you get them to do it? Sam used to at one time, but as he grew up, I think the novelty wore off!
Best wishes to all - Samsmum (Joyce). :1942: