Jasmine wasn't from rescue but came to live with us....

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Jasmine wasn't from rescue but came to live with us....

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

Jasmine came to live with us ( and Abigail and Ginnie) for the last few years of her life due to domestic circumstances as her owner could no longer look after her, she had real character, and would chat back to you if she disagreed with you, her grumbling sounded like she had said 'Jasmouse', so we gave her that nickname, she had selective deafness, and would give you that look , over her shoulder of 'you talking to me?' and walk off in the other direction for a few paces, until called with more firmness. Her purpose in life was to get as grubby as possible, to dig as many of the largest pebbles up she could find and eat as much horse ---- or cow pats as she could down before we could stop her.
It's been 3 years today that we had to say goodbye and we still miss her.
Eastonwolfs

Post by Eastonwolfs »

Thats lovely and sad at the same time...she was a lovely girl, and they are great pics of her (a lovely reminder)...but its no substitute for the real thing is it?

Sorry you still feel sad...I know how you feel...

Hubby says if he sees me crying at this PC anymore at dogs he's banning me from the site! (thats him going without his fillet steak this weekend then :wink: )

Sorry for your loss of Jasmine Lynda
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

lovely story & pictures. You gave her three years of love and kindness, but it is never long enough is it?
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Jasmine

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

No I don't feel so sad now, we just remember and talk about all the little things that she got up to, Cobi has been called Jasmine a few times because she has the same kind of 'crocodile eyes' and eyebrows that move independently of each other, like a spectacle bear.