Ow!

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Ow!

Post by bentley »

Bentley and me were out for a walk in the woods the other day. We were playing his favourite game of me throwing stones in the river and then him jumping in after them then running back to me wet through and having a good shake all over me. I bent down to pick up another stone, he ran over to see what I was doing and BANG our heads bashed. OWOWOWOWOW!!

Old bonehead Bentley didn't seem to feel a thing while I was left reeling. :2029: :2029: Now I have a lovely black eye. :2005:

He can throw his own stones in the river from now on!
rosndognme

Re: Ow!

Post by rosndognme »

Ouch ... hope you're ok and that black eye isn't too sore :2079:

I've been bashed into a few times by our Sophie when she is excited and I know what you mean - there's a lot of momentum in a Golden Retriever at speed :2029:

We have a friend who was knocked over by her dog as he was running about in the park chasing another dog - he crashed into her and broke her leg
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by bentley »

Oh my God! :2026: I think I got off lightly!
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Oh heck Lesley, ouch, wincing at the thought of it. Hope you are o.k. soon. :love3
sammingtonsmythes

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

Oh dear so sorry!You have to keep an eye on them all the time don't you.I've been on the floor so many times i've lost count :2029:
milo's mum

Post by milo's mum »

normally lesley, me being the ignorant git that i am would find this quite funny, but today :love6 i sympathise.... due to the enormous bruise on my shin and the cut on my finger..... i took george out the other day and because we went somewhere new she couldn't decide which smell she wanted to follow and so she weaved in and out of my legs until in the middle of the street i went down on all fours like a sack of spuds. i looked around and yes there was people there to add to my shame. i scurried off like you do. me and george were not friends for the next 10 minutes. we've since shared a cup of tea so we are alright now though.
The other thing i ought to add is that george is going to be 13 years old in may so as bentley is still only a baby i'd say you've got plenty more black eyes to come!
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by bentley »

Oi!

Nobody warned me about all this - you kept that a secret! :2026: :1968 :2026: :2063:

I thought I was going to get a cute little doggie who'd sit next to me on the settee for snuggles not a swamp monster who gives me black eyes and trips me up, shakes muddy water all over me, slobbers everywhere and gets through towels like nobody's business. :2005:

Mind you, you never told me how much he'd make me laugh, love me, be my bezzie mate and my walking buddy either so I suppose it all evens out. :love6 :love5
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

Leslie , you've summed up life with a golden in a couple of sentences , but I bet you wouldn't change him for the world. :love5
superjazz

Post by superjazz »

Our late Jazz suffered with his ears sometimes, mainly due to his fishing. However on one trip to the Vet she was withdrawing the scope from his ear and he shook his head and nearly knocked her out. She was not amused !!!
Any way hope you are now fully recovered Lesley.
Pat , Syd & Katie