Woody

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Woody

Post by lynn wise »

Tomorrow is our Woodys 4 year Home Day, how quickly those years have gone.
When he arrived here, he was such a naive and quiet lad. Poor lad, he didn't seem to know what a cuddle or a treat was. Would back away if you tried to pet him, the expression on his face said so much, " what are you doing to me", also, giving him a treat was much the same reaction, what's that, is it for me? But, he had been well trained, so biddable, kind and eager to please.
Woody spent quite sometime shadowing Willow, what she did, he did. Almost as if he was thinking, " well she's doing it so it must be o.k."
Now, he's at the front of the pack, demanding a biscuit for his good behaviour. Which he gets!! As for the cuddles, he's been known to stop people in the street to give him a pet. A proper tart, anybodys. :1945: Funny though, he seems to instinctively know who are dog lovers, so he gets his just rewards, 10 fold.
Everyone that he meets just fall for him, he comes across as so quiet and well mannered. Pity they don't see him off the lead, blue bottom fly springs to mind. :1969 at 9 1/2 years young, we have never had a dog as fit and active. I said to David whilst we were on our Saturday morning jaunt and Woody in and out of the river, here there and every where, " in doggy years, he's the same age as me". " Well you'd better start running then" was the reply. Half the energy would do thankyou very much!
As always, our thanks go to Jan for allowing this lovely lad to be in our lives, eternally grateful.

Back home for a snooze.

janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Re: Woody

Post by janrobinson »

Happy New Home day Woody. He certainly doesn't look his age. He looked older when he cam to you such a worried young man. You have worked wonders. I just love all his pictures but especially the one of them both asleep :love4
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

Happy Forever Home Day Woody. Lovely pics',Lynn, but the first one has captured him"just right", I love it. Give them both a big hug from us. :love4 xxx
rosndognme

Post by rosndognme »

Happy home day Woody :2818:

... and thanks for the great photos Lynn :thumbsup:
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by bentley »

What lovely photos. Happy belated forever home day, Woody :love5
superjazz

Post by superjazz »

Happy forever home day Woody, thanks for the great photos Lynn & David.
Big hugs from us.
Pat, Syd & Katie
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

Happy 4th forever home day Woody, Jan only picks special people to take care of her dogs and Woody must have been extra special to go to you and Dave Lynn. Jan knew he needed extra love and care to become the dog he has turned into. Have a great day tomorrow , I'm sure you have a special day planned, Len Celia Emily and Snowy. :love4 :2035:
Steve
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Steve »

Happy forever home day Woody :bighug: Great pictures Lynn , thank you :1971
twig28

Post by twig28 »

Happy home day. :n6:
Hope you had a nice big treat to celebrate.
The pictures are just wonderful. :love6
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Happy 4th Home Day gorgeous Woody... :love5 great photos as usual....
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

:love4 sorry it's belated :love4 Happy 'home day' Woody..... big handsome boy..... :love4 can't believe how quickly those 4 years have passed :love4
Linda

Post by Linda »

Happy belated forever home day, Woody :bighug: Hope you had faun day and spoilt rotten :love4
sammingtonsmythes

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

Sorry i'm late.Happy forever home day lovely boy :love4