The Birthday Sausage

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

bentley
Senior User
Senior User

The Birthday Sausage

Post by bentley »

We're back from our break in Devon now. We might have thought the weather was cold but it didn't stop Bentley from going for his morning constitutional every day.

Back at the flat, or apartment if you want to be posh ( it was absolutely not posh!) someone barged in while I was wrapping birthday presents. Image

Mind you, those pig ears were stinky, I could smell them from a mile away never mind Bentley.

Ooh, he loves opening presents. I got mocked for wrapping presents for him but he had a great time opening them. The eagle eyed will notice it's Christmas paper but Bentley can't read so he didn't mind.

Then it was the big event. The birthday sausage! Try as I might I couldn't get him to blow out his candles.

He took no encouraging at all to eat the sausage.

So there he is. Three years old and all grown up. Where did that time go so quickly? :2029:
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Re: The Birthday Sausage

Post by lynn wise »

Great photos again of The Boy. What a star, hope he liked his pressy, but then again, Goldens and food, no competition! Mind you, someone not a million miles away would have eaten the candles as well :1960 Willow.
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

I feel sure he did not need encouragement to eat that sausage he is gazing at it with eyes full of love.
Bless him.

Nearly three years since you took that little bundle home. How your life has changed. for the better I hope :love4
RUSSELL lumb
Senior User
Senior User

Post by RUSSELL lumb »

hI

Love the concentration and expression on Bentley it amazes us how they
all have the same Expressions (its the food Thing) but they are all different characters, jasper is our third but can relate a lot what he does to our previous two. your are spoilt Bentley but quote right to we like to spoil them all.

Bridget-Russell and Jasper
milo's mum

Post by milo's mum »

actually lesley you are definitely not alone in wrapping gifts. i did it for birthdays and christmas for my two and now i do it for everybody else's dogs. don't they get excited ripping off the wrapping paper? it's like watching kids. bentley looks like he has perfected sit and stay too. the concentration on his birthday sausage is great but then he is a retreiver.....although he is probably sitting there thinking "will somebody please get the candles off so i can eat it NOW"