Ice, Ice, baby!

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Ice, Ice, baby!

Post by bentley »

Mr Bentley of Bentley Villas, Bentleyville along with Bob and Lesley, would like to wish you all a belated but nonetheless heartfelt happy new year.

We would have down it when at the time when all other people do it but it all went a bit pear shaped around here on new years eve when Bob decided to slip on some ice in his aptly named slippers and broke his leg. We can't even blame it on the demon drink as it was at nine o'clock in the morning.

Poor old Bob was shunted off to hospital for a few days to have a few pins and a metal plate put in his leg and poor old Bentley was farmed out all over the place. He coped well with it all though and managed to get through it all without throwing any fits, hissy or otherwise.

Bob's not so keen on the ice and snow now but what he lacks in enthusiasm for it Bentley more than makes up for.

During the recent cold snap we walked on the field in front of our house. It's a lovely field with lots of interesting rabbit holes, badger setts, streams and ditches. One particular day Bentley ran up to his favourite paddling puddle and instead of wading through it he slid right across it. His face was a picture! I didn't know a dog could look surprised.

Then he decided to pound on the ice with his front paws until the ice smashed.

Then he picked up chunks of ice and ran away with them. This didn't get old, he took chunk after chunk, he had a great time.

But I've saved my favourite picture till last.

There is a family of deer that live on and around that field. We quite often see them in the morning but usually in the distance. This particular morning they were right in front of us. I'm not saying Bentley wouldn't chase them if I gave him the opportunity but all I had to do was quietly say 'leave it' and he sat down to watch them as they strolled away. Isn't he a star? :love4
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Re: Ice, Ice, baby!

Post by janrobinson »

Oh Dear I am so sorry to hear about Bob's accident. it is easily done,

Love Bentley's pictures,carrying the ice, did it stick to his tongue at all. The last one is just perfect. :love4
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by bentley »

No, it didn't stick to him, it was too wet for that. I can't believe he actually managed to carry it. On this photo it had just slipped out of his mouth so it looks like it was floating in front of him.
KDB

Post by KDB »

Poor Bob! f1 Hope that his leg isn't too uncomfortable and he's on the road to a bionic recovery!!!
Beautiful shots of Bentley, he sure looks like he's enjoying himself, Happy days xxx :bounce:
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Oh dear, poor Bob, do so hope he makes good progress.What will happen next Lesley? hopefully all the bad stuff is out of the way now, what a time you've had, things can only go up from here on in.

Loved the photos of the lad enjoying himself, the last one was wonderful with the deer in the background.

:3517:
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by bentley »

It's not all bad news, Lynn. I may have some very, very good news very soon. :2821:

Besides which, I'm working on the premise that Bob's accident was in 2014 so it's all behind us now. Onwards and upwards for 2015! :2818:
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Can't wait :1942: :1942: :1942:
superjazz

Post by superjazz »

Hope Bob is now recovering from injury and that he is back on dog walks soon !!
Pat , Syd & Katie
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by bentley »

Hang on a minute! Bob's NEVER done the dog walks! :2039: This pooch is mine all mine. :1963