Little Ted

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Little Ted

Post by lynn wise »

For the last fortnight we have been playing sitters for a friend whos mother was taken ill then sadly passed away. As his mum lives alone, going over to Lancashire to visit was a problem because of Teddy. A little Shih Tzu boy that is a joy. I said no problem, bring him here he can make one in. What a caution, thought Goldens were horrors over food, this little chap definately wins hands down. Ted's brain is in his tummy, and does he let you know. Lastweek I did a chicken in the halogen, well, he and Willow were on guard the whole time it was cooking, positioned between the island and wall no one could pass. The little chap danced, sang and generally made it known that he fancied some of that. Within a day he had sussed out all the pros and cons of living with 2 large hairies, on returning from walks he waited at the treats cupboard with his mates, the toy box was interesting, the thing he wanted always at the bottom. With 4 short legs that proved to be a bit of a problem, which he managed by tipping it over.
Well, the lad is here today due to the funeral, we await proceedings, but i ain't cooking chicken that's for sure.
One thing though, despite him being such a grand lad, we are definately big dog people. At least you can see them when they decide to get in the way.
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Re: Little Ted

Post by janrobinson »

Little dogs are just not the same are they ? but interesting in a different way. I love a little Cocker who stays with a friend 3 days a week. He is such a little darling but don't know if I would want one full time. :love4
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

I must admit, I do prefer a bigger dog. My sister has a smallish sheepdog. He has a lovely temperament, but he's a real tease. He runs rings around Ella...
After a while she just sits down and grumbles at him.
Unfortunately, he has a tumour on his front paw.....he had one removed some months ago, but the vet said it was aggressive and would return, so they have decided not to have another operation, but let him have a good quality of life.
It's beginning to affect his walking a bit now, but he's happy and enjoying life at the moment...bless him :love5
vickic

Post by vickic »

I put a vote in for little dogs as well - my Mother had a shih tzu called Tipsi - name came about because when my Mother's old dog died she said "I never want another dog" because of the pain over losing her last one, but I knew better, gave her a strong gin and tonic and then introduced her to her new puppy - Well this little ball of fluff sat on the ground somewhat bemused then Katie our golden went over to her and tentatively sniffed her and this little tail started wagging and never stopped for 15 years! From that moment on Tipsi thought she was a golden retriever, when we were there she joined us for walks, she followed our girls everywhere over terrain that was no problem for a big dog Tipsi would be seen bouncing from stride to stride. She had the heart of a lion and was so bold, she would turn herself inside out to make one laugh if you were feeling down - altogether a wonderful little dog and a wonderful companion. If the day ever comes when we can't cope with big dogs, both John and I would have no hesitation in getting a shih tzu.

Maybe she was so wonderful because she was brought up in fairly close proximity to our goldens!

Kind regards

Vicki