Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye....

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye....

Post by bentley »

Bentley is on his travels. As you can see, he's packed his case and is moving to sunny Devon.

I know that won't come as a surprise to most of you given the number of photographs of him frolicking in the sea in Devon. What might be a surprise though is that he's going to open his very own dog friendly hotel.

The decision to move came about last year after a couple of pivotal moments in our life, we came to one of those "It's now or never' moments and decided to do it. And we've done it! We are excited, terrified, exhausted and running on adrenalin at the moment but I'm sure it will all be worth it.

What's that? 'Where's the hotel and what's it called? '

Well, I'm going to hold off with that information for a week or two as I don't want to jinx anything. We were most of the way down buying one place and the seller pulled out at the last minute. Much trauma. Especially since we've sold our house and as of next Friday we will officially be NFA 'no fixed abode' EEEK!!!

We popped, if you can 'pop' to Devon from here, a couple of weeks ago and looked at some rental properties to live in for the time being while we continue the search for the perfect hotel. We also did a few hotel viewings and guess what? We found the perfect one! Totally unexpectedly, this one turned up at the last minute, new on the market.

Obviously we were not meant to have the first one as the second one is loads better.

So. Once it's all signed and sealed I'll be letting you know the details (with Jan's permission).

In the meantime... *sings*

Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye, here I go, cheerio, on my way.....
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Re: Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye....

Post by janrobinson »

wishing you all the luck in the world. Whatever you do I know it will be a success. :love4
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Good luck and best wishes on your new adventure. I hope it all turns out ok for you this time. :1963
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

:2382: Brilliant news Lesley, have been waiting for this for what seems ages. Fingers crossed plus everything else that all goes well. As I said to you a while ago, go for it, it's just another chapter in the book of life, and one which you and hubby have longed for.
All the Very Best to you and yours, enjoy every minute.
Love from Us.xx
:2382:
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by bentley »

Thanks, everyone. The first load of furniture went off in a lorry this morning to go into storage. So that's it - we're really going! Final moving day - next Saturday! :thumbsup:

My nerves are in tatters and my brain's frazzled :2029: :2029: but I know it will all be worth it.

Bentley's doing really well, although I'm keeping him well dosed up on various pills, potions and tinctures in addition to his epilepsy meds. Adaptil spray is brilliant. Ludicrously expensive but it does work.
superjazz

Post by superjazz »

Best wishes to you all in this exciting new venture, we are sure it will be a great success. Good dog friendly hotels are hard to find.
Pat , Syd & Katie
milo's mum

Post by milo's mum »

really wish you all well. we nearly moved to cornwall a few years ago but life had a different path for us. i'm sure Bentley will enjoy the sea air and helping you welcome your guests. there aren't many nice hotels that take dogs so i'm sure you will do really well. good luck x
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

Best wishes to you all in your new venture! :love4
RUSSELL lumb
Senior User
Senior User

Post by RUSSELL lumb »

Hi

We wish you all the luck in the world and hope it is a great success keep all
informed

Bridget-Russell and Jasper
KDB

Post by KDB »

Hi Lesley
Funny how things just sometimes work out in the most unexpected ways. We wish you good health and fortune, we will look forward to hearing about your new life once you are settled and operational.
Another amazing picture of Bentley.... have you thought of getting him an agent!!!!
Love to you all Karen, Sam, Barney and Ollie xxx :love4