Is it possible to edit a posting

Details of dogs successfully rehomed

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

elliott

Is it possible to edit a posting

Post by elliott »

I want to add a photo and edit a previous posting but can find no way of doing it, is it possible and if so HOW?
Steve
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Is it possible to edit a posting

Post by Steve »

Hi Elliott: go to your post that you want to edit, at the bottom right corner you will see two tabs click on edit and away you go! :thumbleft
elliott

Post by elliott »

Thanks BUT there is NO Edit button on the bottom as you say....

Maybe you don't understand what I mean. I have already uploaded some photos and text under ReHomed Dogs, this was done back in 2007 but I now need to edit and change the link from where the photos are stored as the web site where the photos are is about to close so the current photos will no longer show, I also want to add some text, you should be able to EDIT such Posts or whatever name you want to call this "listing"

Thanks
John.
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

When you have logged in the edit button will be seen on your posting only. if you can't then the only alternative is to put on a new topic. but as you only joined in 2010 how did you manage to post in 2007 perhaps it was on another site.
elliott

Post by elliott »

Hi,

NO I definitely joined in 2007 so no idea how 2010 shows up, its the mad thing about this site... I am on Rehomed dogs, page 12, see Holly A Lovely Golden Retriever..

I think it may be that once you have uploaded an info page under this section then you can no longer Edit it which is crazy.. It seems that a lot of people have problems with this site. I also note that the CHAT tag does not work either. Looks like I will have to start again.

Thanks anyway.
John.
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

The last posting was under Hollydog in pets gallery so you will not be able to edit it with your elliott tag. You would have to log in with the one that was registered in 2007. The chat does not work because I do not want that facility on this site.
elliott

Post by elliott »

Ok thanks for that, I have now sorted it, now I know what's happened, and have sent an e-mail to Webmaster explaining....

Cheers
J.