Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Fireworks

Post by lynn wise »

http://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/109702
http://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/109111

If like us you are sick to the high teeth of listening to fireworks every verse end, sign this. We have just had 12 nights of it, and worried dogs.
Cobi & Ginnie's Mum

Re: Fireworks

Post by Cobi & Ginnie's Mum »

Done.... and verified. 60,859 the other one is 13,189 have now signed this.

Cobi wasn't frightened by fireworks or thunder etc., when Ginnie was alive....strangely she is now, she's frightened by some other dogs, and has been 'duffed up' a few times by stupid people who think their dog only wants to play, I know the difference between playing and fear aggression !!!! so little Cobi dives into the bushes and come out when they've gone, if she feels threatened.

I used to give them both Valerian and Skullcap, they worked but there are too many tablets to hide in food, and I'm not sure about compatibility with her 'chemo Palladia', I just give Cobi a 450mg Zylkene I know Zylkene are OK, one a day, bought online, (Pets at home were offering 20% off online a week ago) much cheaper than the vet's and we have a reasonable vet who doesn't rip you off.

This is the 'prayer we offer up' when the whizzes and bangs are all around us....please Lord just take one finger off not the whole hand....... :1945:
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Done.

I thought the Governments answer was pompous and arrogant. What safety procedures have they got in place. Even if an adult buys these monstrous things then they just give them to some teenager who then sets them off anywhere. When you think of all the Health and Safety silly rules and then they give the general public explosives. I think we will have to go and chain ourselves to the railings in Downing Street. Would that work do you think ???? :2029: :2012:
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

I contacted our local MP only to be told " well some people like fireworks, and legislation isn't on the cards within government". Well perhaps with this online petition they may well take it on board. As you say Jan, health and safety gone mad, if you go to an organized event they have to have insurance etc. but any Joe soap can buy and set them off anywhere, anytime. :2011: :2011: :2011: