A final tribute

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

A final tribute

Post by lynn wise »

Today we have been over in Scarborough attending the funeral of the lady that we got Timber from.
At the Crem' there were a number of us that had links to Anne and her dogs, 3 cars that had 2 dogs in. Having got our heads together we decided to form a guard of honour for when the car passed by. Whilst waiting, the minister came to make a fuss of all the dogs and said what a lovely idea for Annes send off. The lady funeral director came to us when the car pulled up a short distance away, "please follow us to the reception area". So, in line 6 dogs and 5 owners followed the car, when reaching the chapel we were asked to follow the family in then sit on the front row with the dogs for the service. What a send off, Anne would have been thrilled to see her beloved breed sat there. One was a 16 week puppy Amber, she behaved impeccably as did the big dogs .After the service there were some lovely comments from the assembled friends, all knowing Anne would have loved it. Dennis was thrilled, as were the family, an otherwise sad event made everyone smile knowing how much Anne had loved her brood.

Hope Jan doesn't mind me posting this, just thought I would share another Golden day.
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Re: A final tribute

Post by janrobinson »

I don't mind at all Lynn. It is something I have said I would like when the time comes.

Years ago I attended the funeral of Di Mobbs the breeder of my first Golden (Emma) and that was very similar and very emotional. :cry3:
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

Beautiful Lynn......but I think I would have been in pieces :2006:
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Lovely tribute, im sure she will be looking down and smiling...
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by bentley »

Lovely :1953:
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

Lovely send off, must admit when my time comes , I would love to see goldens in the send off and then meet the ones I have loved over the years, :love4 :angel: :cry3:
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Me too Lenny.
It really was wonderful (if that's the right word) Spoke to Dennis shortly after, he was thrilled, and said how much Anne would have loved it.