Candy

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

candys mum

Candy

Post by candys mum »

Candy has been with us for 3 months. She is 4yrs old in October and was an exbreeding bitch. Poor thing had had 5 litters in her short life. We were looking for a puppy but the breeder offered Candy to us and we just fell in love. Her last litter was born by cesarean section and the breeder decided she was of no further use. We asked questions like how is she walking on lead and how was she on recall, before we met her. We were told that we would have to use a Halti and never to allow her off lead as she would not return. This did not put us off and we payed her a visit. I had never in my 40yrs of dog ownership seen such a calm dog. To be honest I thought the breeder had tranquilised her. She was so sad with no light in her eyes if you know what I mean, but she came straight over for a pet and we were smitten. The first thing we did was to take her to the park to introduce her to our ESS. They hit it off straight away and both romped and played off lead. She trotted alongside us on lead and has never pulled once. She is better at it than our ESS. I can only assume from this that the breeder had never walked her dog. This is our first Golden and she is a dream, after being German Shepherd lovers for years. She only has one fault, and that is that she likes to chase the ducks and swans in the pond at our local park. We now have to attach a rope to her collar to allow her to swim without pestering the wild life.
julie

Post by julie »

What a lovely story. I hope others to be as lucky as Candy in finding such a loving family.

Honey is also fascinated by ducks and swans on the canal and loves to swim to them or just retrieve sticks. She loves being in water, be it a puddle, rock pool or the sea. The only kind of water she doesn't love is a bath.....

Here she is in the sea last year.
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Lovely picture, what is about Goldens and water?? mine are just the same... :)
julie

Post by julie »

I did hear that there's a dog swimming pool somewhere near Longton, Preston. Does anybody know any details?
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Yes there is, she is a friend of Glenys who runs the Labrador Rescue her name is Anne, if you ring glenys on 01257 452500 she can give you her number...
gbell

Post by gbell »

a dog swimming pool!!!

thats a great picture!!!