Bronson

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

bronson

Bronson

Post by bronson »

When we first got Bronson he was a horror dog.
he suffered from seperation syndrom,meaning when he was left only for 10 mins he did somthing or other.
He weed behind the door after 2 mins i would say.The damage he has done he lifted carpets,shredded cushions,pillows the worst thing he did was the leather suite.We tried keeping him in the kitchen but he can open all doors,we have tried him.
When we took him out he would hump any dog in site he was no pleasure at all he was what you would call a devil dog the things i have mentioned are just a few.
After 3 monthe we contacted jan and jan asked if we wanted to fetch him back we said that we was not going to give up on him.
jan gave us advice to seek a tharipist which we did free of charge and over the telephone.
It worked and after a few weeks he started to get better and settled in to a stress free laid back dog Bronson is a perfect pet which anybody can wish for.
He sits at the door now as children come to stoke him he is very obedient and loyal.
I would never have thought 14 months since i would be writing this about bronson.
We would like to say A big thank you to Jan.
Anybody who has got rescue and they are having trouble dont give up as in the end it will work out.
Julie and Mike
:lol: :o :lol: :D :D :D
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Thankyou so much for persevering if only dogs could talk it would make our life so much easier, ! but any dog rescue or not always needs time to settle in our Lucy is 19 months old she is not rescue but we got her from a puppy the first girl we have had and she has had her moments she can now open doors! in fact she does all the hard work and our Paddy just waits behined and follows her through. :)

You have been rewarded with a wonderful dog time and patience is a wonderful thing, now enjoy him and thankyou again.
labres1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by labres1 »

What a lovely end to what must have beed a nightmare at the time... your determination to sort your dog out is a credit to you..

Rescue dogs can be a challenge at times as sometimes there is no history, or the rescue is given information which they have to accept in good faith.. Also, the disruption of loosing an established home can also cause problems..

We had a Goldie from Jan who unfortunatley died recently and we also have 2 rescue Labs from Labrador Rescue. All have their own characters, history and problems and all took varying lengths of time to 'settle down' and adjust to their new home, surroundings and routines..

I think the one thing that is important to remember is that it does take time for them to adjust and not to give up on them - a fine example of which you have shown here, the other thing to remember is that Jan has many years of experience in dealing with these situations and is always there to offer advice and guidance - it isnt simply about finding a home for a dog - if it is needed there is a continunual line of support available to you by someone who is truly dedicated to the future happiness of all the Goldens that come in to her care and those who give them a loving secure future.
Eastonwolfs

Post by Eastonwolfs »

We have had our moments with the lovely Amber...just like everyone I suppose...but I have to say I would not change a thing...

When you take on rescue dogs you take a huge leap of faith and have to be prepared for anything...but the rewards you receive far outweigh the initial problems...

The pleasure you get from seeing a dog become a 'real dog' and find thier own character and personality is immense...plus they are so grateful and loving...and seeing them learn, discover and do new things is just great...it really makes it all worth while...

I think you know you've cracked it when they look so guilty if they do something they know they shouldn't...and you find it funny...they are here to stay then...and have found their true new home...

Well done for what you have done...its good to hear your story...you have achieved something really good there...
bronson

Thankyou

Post by bronson »

Thankyou to all of you for reading our story where only 50% of the things bronson has done i have written but never mind as i have said he was worth not giving up.
he has learnt a trick he lies on his back has his ball in his mouth takes the ballout of his mouth using the sides of his paws twises it round then drops it and catches it in his mouth then repeats it he is brilliant to watch.
Hope to see you all sept 1st keep our fingers crossed thaat the weather is better then last year but never mind we still had a good time i love hearing the stories of rescues it is great how they turn out.
Julie and Mike
gbell

Post by gbell »

when we first got Sammy, if we left her even for a few minutes, she would upturn her water bowl and throw it down the stairs :lol: we knew it was straight away as once we pretended to go out and hid to watch what she did!!!

im glad you perserveered with Bronson
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

If only they could talk and tell you what their lives had been like before, it would make things so much easier! but when you take on a rescue it is always best to take 1 day at a time a dog doesnt know any better until you tell it,as with all dogs rescue or not perseverence it the key, hang on in there and take the valium... :D and soon you will see the light at the end of the tunnel....