Sandy's Say

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

beaverboy

Sandy's Say

Post by beaverboy »

THIS IS SANDY SPEAKING

That's me up on the Rossendale moors near Burnley with my mate Chris. I had to be kept on my lead when this photograph was taken incase I frightened the birds nesting pn the ground. Actually I'm more interested in the rabbits, but I've never caught one yet!

I was adopted by the Taylor family in August 05, following a stint with North West Retriever Rescue who re-homed me. (thanks Jan)

I'm a fun kind of guy who loves to run and chase. Sometimes I have to work though. I was once enrolled in a Dog training course, but i failed my bronze award. Since then my family have not had the guts to take me back! (and i don't blame them :!: )

In my spare time, I love to roll in mud and then go for a swim in the lodge behind our house. I'm an expert at doggy paddle. I have to watch out for those Canada Geese though, they're a right nasty bunch. However the other day the Heron was nesting in the river at the front of our house and when Janet and Chris (my owners) were not watching i pegged it and plunged myself into the river but before i could get anywhere near my friend Mr Heron he had gone (but i can't think why!)

Sometimes when the Taylors are busy I'm looked after by Alan at Dog Buddies - he takes me for walks. He is quite funny actually. Sometimes he tells me about his new baby and some really funny jokes! They are quite good actually!

If you want you can see my family website at: .
CarolynM
Senior User
Senior User

Post by CarolynM »

What a lovely picture of Sandy Chris.

We have a Goldie puppy, Toby, who is very light in colour. Our other boy Ben was the gold colour - so its nice to see a paler one so see what they look like when they are all grown up. :D
beaverboy

Post by beaverboy »

Yes. That was him ages ago. he has started to go a little more golden now!
beaverboy

Post by beaverboy »

Just thought i'd update you on how Sandys doing.

On the whole hes ok, but he keeps scratching because he has some kind of allergy. We took him to the vet and the vet just said bath him in normal head and shoulders! haha! hes getting better. I'll post some pictures later.

Hes a sad puppy at the moment, because they have been draining the fishing lodge at the back of our house so sandy cant have a swim any more. Doesn't stop him though, haha. We brought him back from a walk and he had to go the in the river at the front of the house because resembled a black lab rather than a retriever! haha!