Amber's on the mend

Discuss health issues, for example teething problems, vaccinations etc

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

Eastonwolfs

Amber's on the mend

Post by Eastonwolfs »

I didn't want to post about this before, (afraid to tempt fate) but Amber has had a lump appear on her leg...very fast growing...went to the vets last Weds and was operated on Thurs am to remove lump and have it analysed.

It has turned out to be OK...we got the results today :thumbleft and she has had her dressing removed today but you always have that doubt in your mind don't you?

Weekend wasn't good as she wasn't eating or drinking...was in pain on Sunday...and has been hopping around like skippy...and at times wasn't willing to move or do much at all.

But now I am glad to report she is so much much brighter and well on the mend is much more active today.

BUT I keep telling her 'the buster collars coming out' if she can't leave the wound alone...

Here she is with her bandage...

And this is my favourite...after coming in from the garden on Monday...with protection from the snow (a co-op carier bag no less).

Bless!

:1963 :1963 :1963
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Re: Amber's on the mend

Post by janrobinson »

So sorry to hear Amber has had an operation but so pleased everything is O K What a worrying time it is because you always think the worst.

She looks happy enough with her co op bag on. Obviously not too proud to be seen in such.

Give her our love and tell her we are thinking of her and wishing her well. Give her a big hug from me

xx :love4
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

Poor little girl. What a worrying time for you.
Good to hear it was nothing sinister and that she's on the mend. :love4
She's doing her bit for the planet too, recycling those plastic bags :1951:
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Sorry to hear your news Susan. But very pleased that there wasn't anything "going on". She'll be up and running in no time.
Love the co-op bag, like Jean said, doing your recycling bit to a tee :thumbsup:
I bet Amber is milking her poorly paw for all it's worth, don't they just know how to do that. It's a miracle that she hasn't killed it, they usually have a good old nibble to get rid of the offending bandage.
Give her a love from us. A cuddle for you also, as I'm sure you'll have been upset with the experience.xxxxx
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

Love and kisses from all of us :1999: including Gin and Co. xxx neither of my two would have been good enough to leave the 'coop bag' alone. Once had to cut a sleeve off an old sweatshirt and cover Ginnie's leg with it, instead of the 'tulip' collar I put bells on her collar so I could hear what she was up to during the night.
sonia
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by sonia »

Arh bless her she is a little poppet, so glad she is on the mend :)
I think they should make little doggie wellies ;)