Fragaria

Discuss health issues, for example teething problems, vaccinations etc

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Fragaria

Post by lynn wise »

Having used Plaque off with the dogs, remembered that Jan had recommended Fragaria. I ordered some of Dorwest Herbs pillules which have arrived this morning, so will now give these a try. It is supposedly quite good. 1 pillule per day for a month, then 1 a week. Although the dogs are on dry food, they still get plaque. Woody when he came, had quite a heavy build up, which I had scaled at the vets when he was neutered, so I don't want him to have to go through G.A. again if I can prevent it. I also use Logic and a finger brush, and when needed, hand scale.
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Re: Fragaria

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

Never heard of that Lynn, will have a look at wesbite, did you get it from Vetuk.co.uk?

Got a poorly Ginnie at moment, a visit to our emergency vet at 7.30pm last night... she drained two syringes from an abscess just below her ear, also suspects she may have haematoma in that ear...she never even flinched, bless her.... not surprised the way my two 'play' Cobi is a 'little nipper' sometimes with Ginnie... that is until Ginnie 'sorts her out'.
Abigail used to nip at Ceili's ears she had a haematoma in both ears that required a G.A.
Got some big pink 'steradent' looking tablets supposed to be palatable... HA !.... it took two cubes of corned beef to get it down this morning... sneaky old hound...nothing wrong with Gin's appetite either.
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Oh dear Lynda, sorry to hear about your girl, do so hope she is soon out of the woods.

Hugs for All.
Lynn
:love4

P.S. Pet meds for the fragaria. Last 2 orders from them went awol, had to phone and chase up.
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Re:

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

Looked up Fragaria in my two homeopathy books. Also got a 'human' book, which came in useful when big Gin accidentally broke my ankle in 2006. Will be using hepar sulph on Ginnie as soon as her prescription ends. Don't think much of these palatable tablets... took several pieces of cheese before eventually pushing it into some mashed potato....sneaky dog !!! :1960
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

We used to use Plaque Off with Ella until last year when she went to stay in kennel's while we visited our daughter in Thailand. When we collected her on our return she was in excellent condition and her teeth were so clean, what had they done? All the dogs get a cooked "knuckle bone" to chew :2073: all sharp edges removed with a hammer or drop it on the floor to remove all the bits. Started getting them for Ella...she has a chew 2 or 3 times a week...teeth better than they've ever been, and they last ages. We get ours from Healthy Options Lynn. :1945:

Hope Ginnie's better soon Lynda :1939:
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

We got some lovely smoked bones whilst on holiday. The dogs loved them, only problem, Willow is an evil little madam when it comes to treasure. Not only does she want hers, but she steals Woodys also and lays on it. Woe betide anyone thinking they can get it. :2011:
Resorted to 1 dog in the kitchen, 1 in the conservatory. They do make a difference though, definately lovely clean teeth.
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

An update on the "bones" situation.

Brought the bones back out of quarantine, no squabling over them. The good news is, all the expensive posh stuff as been kicked into touch.
Thanks to Ellas mum, we are now just on the smoked bones, they are doing a far better job than the posh stuff. The dogs have really beautiful clean teeth now, without all the hassle they don't care for with toothpaste etc.
Willow is quite good now with Woody, they share!!!