Our lovely George

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

lisa70

Our lovely George

Post by lisa70 »

Hi everyone i have just joined and adopted George March 2008 from Jan when he was 8month old. He has now just turned 3yrs old and is just loved to bits by our family even Grandma and Grandad look forward to George visiting for a digestive biscuit now and then. He is nosy and wherever i am George is sure to be there as well. I will put some pictures on very soon of him getting into all sorts of mischief. We are going to Dorset in August to a thatched cottage and will be taking George with us where there are 2 more Goldens for him to be friends with so hopefully he should have a good time. I have had a good look around some of the pictures taken on this site and find the one titled Am i hot or what very amusing. Thank you Jan for a wonderful dog he is very much loved and always will be...
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Re: Our lovely George

Post by janrobinson »

Hi Lisa welcome to the site. I know George is happily settled with you and we will all look forward to his pictures. :love4
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Welcome Lisa and George to the site.
Lovely to hear that he's doing so well with you. Enjoy your holiday, sounds lovely.
All the best.
:2035:
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

:2035: Hi Lisa and welcome to our site.
Lovely to hear your story and look forward to pictures of George. Have a lovely holiday, Dorset is gorgeous.
sammingtonsmythes

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

Hi Lisa!
Can't wait to see George have a great time!
Diane,Ellie (12) & Monty (1)
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

Welcome, Lisa and George, :love3 Happy to hear how George has melted your hearts,they do it so easily don't they. hope you have a great holiday, and look forward to your pictures.My two love a digestive as well infact any biscuit will do.
Emily and Snowy say woof woof to George as well. :2035:
Is Monty telling Ellie a joke, it must be funny. :1945:
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Ellie does look like she is smiling at a joke. Didn't see that until you pointed it out Lenny I had to smile at her expression. Lovely.
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Yes she does look to be smiling, and Monty looks as if he's talking. :2063:
sammingtonsmythes

Ellie smiles ALL the time.Nothing much will worry her.A strange dog can growl close to her face and she just trots past without flinching.She has been and still is a really good steadying influence for all the goldens we have had in her lifetime.Monty is her fourth partner.Whenever she goes to the vets(which is quite often for blood tests to check on her underactive thyroid)all dogs want to make friends with her.Everyone at the clinic adore her.They are always astonished how easy going she is.They take the blood from a vein in her neck.So long as my face is next to hers while they are taking it she doesn't bat an eyelid.She has also had many ops unfortunately over the years due to mast cell cancers which is very unpredictable.We hope and prey that nothing flares up again as at 12 we would no longer put her through an operation.She came to us at three as i have mentioned before from my friend who was in an abusive marriage at the time and was desperate for her not to have to go to strangers.The only thing she hates thinking about it is doors slamming or raised voices.She was held down and kicked by him which i also mentioned before.
Sorry to go on she us such a star to us.
:1958:
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

She's saying......Eee young-un, ahv eared um all afooer!!
That's a bit a Lancashire twang :1967 :love4
sammingtonsmythes

:1968
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

or his he saying, you should have seen that bloody cat scarper hes lost at least three lives. :1964
superjazz

Post by superjazz »

Thats it George , give em a bit of the Lancashire martial arts.
Eccy thump !!!
P, S J & C

:1952: :1952: