Senior User
Senior User

Re: and we're off!

Post by lynn wise »

What, the outing or the booze!!!! :drunken:
sammingtonsmythes

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

Ha ha Lynn.Don't want to get thrown out-hope to be able to go to the local for lunch while away.
Hugs :love4
Molly's Maid

Post by Molly's Maid »

We had trouble getting Molly in the car at the beginning too. We finally tried Caesar Milan's approach and it worked for us.

We opened the back of the car, had Molly on the lead and took a bit of a run up - just a few steps - then got into the car. Molly didn't. Just me! Then I got out and did it again. Then again. After about the fourth time, she put her paws up. Then we did it again and again. About seven of eight tries in, she jumped up with me. About ten or eleven times in, she did it without me for the first time.

No problem any more. She knows there's a run on the beach or a visit with Alfie at the end of any car trip now and is excited to get in the car every time.

According to Caesar Milan, the secret is to get them to think about moving forward rather than thinking about the car so the little run up bit is important. They see you keeping going in spite of the car being in the way and they figure 'forward is good'.

Just an idea that worked for me. And for Molly.
marianne

Post by marianne »

Well done, Monty. what's the next step now off lead walks?