Holiday over - back home again!

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

Samsmum

Holiday over - back home again!

Post by Samsmum »

Hello there friends!
We are back from a lovely holiday - Cosford Airfcraft Museum,
Ludlow, Hereford, Leominster, visit to a relative in S. Glos., and on to stay with friends in Salisbury - therefore getting around Salisbury, Portsmouth and Bath. Saw lots, did lots, and could now do with another holiday to get over it. Sadly, work in abundance was waiting when I got home.
Sam enjoyed a week at his holiday home next door, with Harold. Harold is in his mid-eighties, at least, and cannot walk him, so our neighbours from across the road, Janet and Ian did duties the first weekend, and then Harold's daughter Carol, and her daughter Clare continued the walking until we came back. Sam is so lucky - he is so good, and is loved by all.
Only one blot on the copy-book; apparently two or three times during the week, he wakened Harold up by licking his face, and then standing there grinning and wagging his tail.
He didn't wake Harold because he wanted to go out either; Harold tried letting him out but he wasn't interested. Just got down and went to sleep again. Bless them both.
Samsmum.
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Holiday over - back home again!

Post by Ellas mum »

Hi Joyce, welcome back :2035:

Are you sure you've only been for a week! You have certainly managed to fit an awful lot into it.

Sam is such a lucky boy having lovely neighbours. As you've said before, Harold loves having him to stay. I think Sam just woke him up to say he was happy and enjoying his hols'. Was Sam waiting for you with his toys etc? :1960

Jean
Samsmum

Post by Samsmum »

Hi Jean!
No he wasn't waiting with his toys this time - he was in the garden - Harold was throwing one of his toys to fetch.
Yesterday I was throwing a toy down the garden (it is a red rubber thing which looks a bit like a cottage loaf, and used to have a squeaker at the bottom till Sam extracted it! So now we call it his "Queaker") and it bounced down the steps into a small pond. I ran to the pond to retrieve the queaker before Sam could jump in, lay down over the rocks and peered into the pond - and my glasses fell off - so then I was fishing for the queaker and my glasses.
Sam thought it was great fun - he law down beside me and was licking my ear!! Eventually I found the glasses, but had to engage David's help to find the queaker.
Anyway all is well now - everything retrieved, as you might say!!!!
Best wishes - Joyce.
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Hi Joyce, pleased you have had a lovely holiday albeit busy. Sam will have enjoyed his holiday too. We all know how he loves Harold.

Nice that you are back with us again. :love5
Hel_Pen

Post by Hel_Pen »

What a lovely story. Made me smile after a long day.

Goldens really are the best.

Helen.
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

So pleased that you,David and Sam had good holidays. How lovely for Sam having Harold. They really do enjoy each others company. Wish someone had done a candid camera on you retrieving the glasses. Bottoms up. :thumbsup:
Samsmum

Post by Samsmum »

Hi Lynn!
Talking of "bottoms up", I could have done with a stiff drink after that little escapade.
Why is it that when one is lying down, prostrate, at ground level, Goldens always make it a good excuse to wash faces?
They never miss a chance do they?
Best wishes - Joyce.
CarolynM
Senior User
Senior User

Post by CarolynM »

It sounds like you all had a great time Joyce - had to smile when I read about retrieving the glasses :1951:

You are so lucky to have Harold and good neighbours :1945: