Pooch & Mutt....

Discuss health issues, for example teething problems, vaccinations etc

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

hairydog

Pooch & Mutt....

Post by hairydog »

Just thought I would share this with you all, my Paddy will be 8 yrs old at the end of the year, and recently began to notice he was a bit slower on his walks, although he is on glucosomine I felt he need a bit of a boost.So after talking to dog friends and looking about I came across this product.So thought what have we got to lose,? so ordered some and he has now been on it for a week,well have to say have found a difference in him, whatever it is doing I could do with some as well, :D he seems to be a lot happier on walks,now activley trotting beside myself and Lucy on our walks like he used to do...so so far so good,also loves to play ball more...even at 10pm at night... :2026:
So if any of you have a stiffer golden give it a try, and let us know how you go on...

You can either order it off the net or buy it at Pets @ Home...
http://www.poochandmutt.com/mobilebones/
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Re: Pooch & Mutt....

Post by janrobinson »

I have ordered some for Duke so we will see what happens.
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Will keep my fingers crossed for Duke Jan, it has certainly helped Paddy,today he was actually having a game of tug with Lucy, which he hasnt done for some time...even though it was with one of my hats.. :) to see him happy made all the difference...
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Sounds like Paddy is having a good time on his new medication. Long may it last. So nice to hear your news. :thumbsup:
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Its frightening! wonder if they do a human one,I could do with it, :D he is certainly a lot more active,helped me with the gardening today dug a few holes when I wasnt looking.. :2026:
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

If they do a human one, please put it on here Kathryn. Could do with a few less creaks. :1945:
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

I have been giving Duke this new stuff for a week now. A few days ago his eyes seemed brighter but as he is 15 ? don't expect miracles but today when I came back from shopping as I opened the door he was stood there with a toy in his mouth ( something he has never done before) wagging his tail. I could have wept. Bless him he looked so happy. Thanks Kathryn. ( I think I may try it as my old bones are not what they used to be) :thumbleft
Samsmum

Post by Samsmum »

Hi there!
Eight years ago I broke my left hip and the consultant I saw afterwards said I should now take Glucosamine Sulphate as it was great for bones and joints, and I have been taking it ever since, and I have had no trouble at all with that hip. O.K., I do have a bit of arthritis in a couple of fingers, but that is an occupational hazard for me, and I have had four operations on my right thumb and wrist, including a comminuted fracture (not clean break, rather in bits and pieces) but that thumb and wrist is still serving me well, and I firmly believe that Glucosamine has been a great help.
There's my two penn'orth, for what it is worth.
Wishing you all well - Samsmum (Joyce).
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

So pleased to hear this Jan, Paddy has now been on it 2 weeks and today we went for our usual afternoon walk and we trotted all the way round. it really has made such a difference in such a short time, I really didnt think it would work but have now ordered some more,he is so much brighter, as you say Jan you can weep cant you to see them so happy... :)

The search is on for the human one when I find it will report back... :1958:
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

I am pleased Paddy is doing so well. but I don't think Duke will be able to do his long walks but if he is happier that is all I can hope for really. A week is no time at all so we shall see how we go.

To be honest I didn't think I would get it down him as it is so powdery but he just wolfs it down. A finicky dog may be a problem.

Thanks again and let us know the minute you find one for us. :thumbleft
julia

Post by julia »

i have ordered a sample pack for Poppy. I remember when we bought the joint care bones for Jasper and he got the squits so I will try her out with it before I buy a big pack. I have given her Glucosamine the last few days and she takes the tablets with no problem.
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

My secret is to mix it with a bit of Butchers tripe food,then add his royal canin, it goes down a treat..
At 15 if my dog was happy then I would be happy too, so know how you feel Jan, give him a hug from me...