Monty's Forever home Day

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

sammingtonsmythes

Monty's Forever home Day

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

Hi everyone
Its Monty's forever Home Day today folks.Can you believe its a year.
We love him dearly.Thank you Jan from the bottom of my heart.
Bit late posting this as Ellie didn't eat all her breakfast today which is a real no no.My heart just sank.Ate all her tea though and been as keen on other food as usual.We are thinking maybe her
arthritis is worse in the morning.Going to the vets on tuesday anyway so will ask them to do a full blood test.Really hoping the decline hasn't started.Not sure about the holiday so will have to see how she goes.
lots of love to all
:love4 Diane
Here's Monty in repose

Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Monty's Forever home Day

Post by Ellas mum »

That year has flown Diane! It doesn't seem 2 mins since you posted his lovely cheeky face looking over the wall. He has done so well and is a credit to you. Hope Ellie's tests are ok.
Happy Forever Home Day Monty and big :bighug: s to all from us and Ella x
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Happy forever home day Monty, aren't you a lucky lad. :2035:

It certainly passed so quickly Diane, and as Jean says, it didn't seem that long ago that you first posted his photos. You have worked wonders with him since that frightened little lad entered your hearts, well done.

Ellie is causing you some iffy moments, do so hope all well on tuesday.

L xx
Samsmum

Post by Samsmum »

What a lovely contented boy. Hope he has many, many more years in his forever home with you.
Hope Ellie is doing O.K.
Best wishes Samsmum (Joyce). :hello1:
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

Lovely relaxing photograph of Monty doing what a golden does best !!! I can't believe where last year has gone...... :love4

Diane,
Ginnie sniffed at her food, and wouldn't eat it...and Ginnie is so food orientated, I changed their JWB to the lamb version, and a couple of times she has picked at it..... so I mixed in some grated cheese (not a lot) she ate that, a spoonful of tuna usually works, and then Les had been trout fishing (ughh)
Cobi has always scoffed her food (in record time) and the greedy little madam is 'on her marks' waiting ........while Gin now casually inspects hers before eating it sedately.
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Handsome lucky Monty. Doing what( as Lynda says) all Goldens know how to do best.

Where has that year gone?

:love5
sammingtonsmythes

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments.Thank you too for your wonderful suport as usual with Ellie.Don't know what i'd do without you all. :1960 :love4
Will let you know what happens at the vets on tuesday
love to all
Diane
:2035:
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

Congratulations, monty, looks like your special day has tired you out :n6:
I hope do hope Ellie is ok,she seems to be up and down at the moment. Good luck on tuesday. Our Emily has the runs at the moment so we not giving anything to eat today poor thing
sammingtonsmythes

Poor Emily Lenny have you tried canine tinned id by hills it gives them nutrition but is very bland so won't upset tummy.Always got a few tins at the ready to give for a few days after a do.They love it too which is a bonus and you won't feel guilty for not feeding them(know how you feel)
:love4