Bird fan, or just being a good boy?

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

Samsmum

Bird fan, or just being a good boy?

Post by Samsmum »

Hello there!
I think I have mentioned before that when we take our caravan to Rhos-on-Sea, we stay on a large working farm, and they have a load of hens who visit the caravans every day, and they actually come in the porch awning and drink from Sam's water bowl, and he just stands and watches them.
About a quarter of a mile away from us there is a canal which is home to several pairs of ducks, and some of them come to a house round the corner, where the lady feeds them.
Yesterday and the day before, a pair of them appeared on an ornamental pond we have near the bottom of our garden.
Sam saw the ducks, who spent each afternoon "dabbling", pecking over the lawn, and the drake faithfully following his lady friend, and I said to Sam "Don't go near the ducks", and he lay down for a long time and just watched them, and then wandered into the house.
Whether he is a fan of birds, or just "being a good boy" I don't know, but I am relieved he doesn't chase them.
He often sits at the conservatory door and watches the birds on the birdtable, and beneath.
Anyhow, it is nice tht he is bird-friendly.
Hope you are all well. Hopefully on Thursday we shall be off to Wales with the caravan again.
Best wishes to you all - Samsmum (Joyce). :1942:
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Re: Bird fan, or just being a good boy?

Post by janrobinson »

He is just a good boy.

Have a lovely holiday
:love4