Best Friends

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

Terry

Best Friends

Post by Terry »

Hi My Name is Terry and new to this sight I found it a few days ago I was looking for a site that had Golden Retrievers on it so I am glad to find this one I have had a Golden Retriever for 12 Years he name was Blaine and he was the Best dog that I have ever had he was my best friend and was my Right Arm he died on Monday Night the 6th June 2011 It is breaking my heart he was my right arm as I have Bipola and he was there for me when I needed someone to get me out of my bad times.

Blaine was there demanding my every moment his nose was always knocking my arm to make sure I had my hand on him on his back or playing with his ear Blaine died of an enlarged spleen we tried every single thing to keep him with us but he just could not give me anymoe time the vets rang us to go up straight awaybut We where to late Blaine just passed away We both miss him so much are two cats are also missing him as they have been with Blaine since they where 6weeks old they look for him every day and noyhing seems to help them.

This is a story about the best friend I have ever had he never expected anything from you he never talked about you he was there when you felt low all as he every wanted was love and caring Imiss you so much my old friendI will never forget you thank you for being in my life rest in peace

Lots of love
Mum and Dad
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Best Friends

Post by Ellas mum »

Hi Terry, and welcome,

I am so very sorry that you have lost your wonderful friend and companion, Blaine.
We on this site are only too aware of how you must be feeling right now, and as you say in your story, he was there for you when you needed him, someone to talk too and to listen.

As time moves on, your pain will be replaced by your happy memories of him, and the comfort that he brought to you will stay in your heart.

Maybe sometime in the future, you can find a place in your heart for another deserving Golden who needs a Forever Home.

Thinking of you all at this very sad time.

Ellas Mum.
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

So sorry to hear about Blaine, sadly 'we' know how you are feeling about losing 'your best friend'..... we have always found that by talking about and looking at 'our past dogs' photographs has helped us...... but I still can't look at Rainbow Bridge very often (even though none of our dogs are on it) maybe in time you might want to think about giving another golden a good home.....

Cobi and Ginnie's Mum
Samsmum

Post by Samsmum »

Hello Terry,
So very sorry to hear of your loss of Blaine, a wonderful and beloved companion.
Most of us on the site have suffered as you are suffering now, and hope that time will diminish the hurt. and that the happy times you shared with Blaine will help you through your grief. With much sympathy - Samsmum.
cathy22

Post by cathy22 »

So sorry about the loss of your beautiful boy, we are thinking about you x
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

So very sorry to hear about the loss of Blaine, our thoughts go out to you at this sad time.
As other's have said, we can fully understand your grief, we have been there ourselves, but hopefully, with time, you will remember all the good things he brought to your lives.
Never an easy time, but we will all have you in our thoughts.
:2058:
Terry

Post by Terry »

Hi All
My wife and I are very thank full to you all for your very kind words at this time Blaine has made a big hole in our lives his best friends Harley and Tally our two cats miss him so much they sit at the door where Blaine lay he loved them both all though Harley was his mate he went with him every where I think that hurts us so much to see to we cats hurting so much not knowing that Blaine will not be comming back.I feel that only Retriever owners would know that a Golden Retriever is not just a dog it becomes part of the family and when you are faceing life without the love it give you its hard to except that you can never replace them

Thank you all once more
Terry, Maureen, Harley, Tally

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x43 ... 0745-1.jpg
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Hope this helps you Terry...

The Power of the Dog
There is sorrow enough in the natural way
From men and women to fill our day;
And when we are certain of sorrow in store,
Why do we always arrange for more?
Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware
Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.

Buy a pup and your money will buy
Love unflinching that cannot lie--
Perfect passsion and worship fed
By a kick in the ribs or a pat on the head.
Nevertheless it is hardly fair
To risk your heart to a dog to tear.

When the fourteen years which Nature permits
Are closing in asthma, or tumour, or fits,
And the vet's unspoken prescription runs
To lethal chambers or loaded guns,
Then you will find--it's your own affair--
But ... you've given your heart to a dog to tear.

When the body that lived at your single will,
With its whimper of welcome, is stilled (how still!)
When the spirit that answered your every mood
Is gone--wherever it goes--for good,
You will discover how much you care,
And will give your heart to a dog to tear.

We've sorrow enough in the natural way,
When it comes to burying Christian clay.
Our loves are not given, but only lent,
At compound interest of cent per cent.
Though it is not always the case, I believe,
That the longer we've kept 'em, the more do we grieve:
For, when debts are payable, right or wrong,
A short-term loan is as bad as a long--
So why in--Heaven (before we are there)
Should we give our hearts to a dog to tear?

Rudyard Kipling.
sonia
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by sonia »

Your so right they are your best friends, they stay in your hearts for ever and ever even when they are no longer with us in person. You will get great comfort out of sharing your feelings with people on here, they really helped me when i lost one of my best friends.

Take care xx
sammingtonsmythes

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

So sorry for your sad loss of Blaine.They are so wonderfully intuitive aren't they.All my goldens have always been such a comfort to me also.I hope that with time you can find a place in your heart for another, as life is so much better with a golden in your life.
My heart goes out to you
love Diane,Ellie and Monty
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

We are so sorry to hear of the loss of Blaine, your friend and companion, nothing can prepare you for such a sad loss, they do become so much apart of your family, but you must have given him such a wonderful life and that's the most we can do.Every time I read of another lost golden , it brings back the memories of Sunny our first one and the pain at his loss, but also the special bond we had with him, as you said you cannot replace him, but we now have two more goldens, that we rehomed from the rescue, that are now loved just as much as Sunny ever was,they are both different in many ways and similar in others, but the reason we have them, is because of Sunny. So it is through his legacy we now have Emily and Snowy, and our lives are once again enriched with the happiness goldens, bring to our household. I do hope sometime in the future you also can share that happiness once again, Lenny Celia Emily and Snowy. :love4