Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Might just take to the OTHER side of the border :lol: :lol:
Sporting my Yorkshire Rose and t'yorkshire accent :lol: :lol:
RUSSELL

Post by RUSSELL »

We would luv to come but jasper has not got his pet passport yet dont want
any bother at the border point you know. only jokeing is was born in Hebden bridge just on the border and my wife is from Bradford so i get
the mickey taken out of my yorks-lancs accent, Just an update on the
Jasper escape this morning walking off lead and just came to the point in the wood were he dashed off so thought i put his lead on was i glad just
looked over the wall and there was to small deer walking on the other side of the wall i could have been getting another early morning run. I wonder if this is what he saw or smelt the other morning when he dashed off. We also like going to gisburn forest and stocks reseroir some nice walks round there and a nice tea place at the post office in bolton by bowland, looks a bit gloomy but the food is nice and fresh

Russell
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

I have the micky taken too, my LANKY TWANG is quite broad :lol:

We know Stocks Resevoir as we live not far away and know the area. It's very peaceful and good for bird watching too. Ella will chase rabbits but has never caught one yet. One day she disappeared through a hedge, and a couple of minutes later came back with a squirrel in her mouth :shock: Of course she got the PUT IT DOWN, which took her a while to do, but she did. So there it was, on it's back, eyes shut, and it's legs in the air, we thought it was dead :( As we stood looking, it suddenly got up and shot off. It was obviously "playing dead" The look on Ella's face was priceless :lol: :lol:
Eastonwolfs

Post by Eastonwolfs »

Thats Lancashire squirrels for you...dead clever and BAFTA award winning!!

(I actually have heard of squirrels doing this before they must have acting classes or something?) :D
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Cheeky :lol: :lol: :lol:
Second edition of The War of The Roses coming up :lol: :lol: :lol:
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Have been to the nursery at Holden Clough which is in Bowland. Had a look on the map to see where Stocks Reservoir was in relation to there, quite near I think, so may have a jaunt across when the better weather arrives!! We hope :D Thanks for mentioning that, it's always nice to know of somewhere different that we can take the dogs. Years ago, we had a weekend at Ingleton, and did the falls walk which was fabulous. The only scarey bit was on the way back down, you walk along quite a narrow cliff edge above the river, praying the dogs don't decide to pull in the wrong direction. But it is so beautiful.
RUSSELL

STOCKS RESERVOIR

Post by RUSSELL »

We walked all the way round a circular route 8 mils it took us 3hrs 2o minutes dogs would have to be on alead a lot of sheep and lambs but a
very nice walk. Jasper really enjoyed himself. The most amusing thing
was a mother was calling two lambs to come and they mistook jasper for their mother it was a picture two lambs aproaching jasper and you could
see him thinking they are not dogs and the mother belating to the sheep
its a dog not me jasper was really good and just stood and watched they
got to within 2 feet and then ran off. good job he was on his lead. A very
nice walk and their is a free leaflet in the car parkwith directions but you cannote get lost it is well sing posted just follow the circular walk signs you can use and a cafe half way round.

Russell